Do You See Yourself? (Male Version)

13»

Replies

• Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Ottermode now .. and would like to be nearer athletic. But .. no further to the right of that.

Sorry I have no pics and I am not posting my before pics.

I was recently measured to be 7.4% body fat .. and I still think I am fat. That tells the whole story. It is very possible for guys to have perception issues about their bodies just like women. I don't think we are all that different, even if we will deny it.
  • Onderwoman
    Onderwoman Posts: 130
    All the talk of "man boobies" killed this thread :( Stop it girls, I wanna see some pics, and you know if they started making fun of fat girls in the other thread it wouldn't go down well!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Was there a need to trash this thread?

Out.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Aaaand this thread is derailed beyond salvation.

thx gauise
  • Christineclendaniel
    Christineclendaniel Posts: 367 Member
    I purposely took a term out of my post yesterday (even though just pointing out the one difference in a few on the body types) for the fear even the words might offend men into thinking its a bad thing.

I too, love seeing every single mans bodytype...I think men have super sexy bodies no matter what size and shape and for those who posted, thank you, I actually didnt realize there were as many types as there are. I truly hope anything I said has deterred anyone from posting pics in this thread. If so, I apologize and will stfu...I would just really hate to see this thread not back on track. Please gentlemen, some pics!
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Interesting that the word "fat" occurs 4 times in the male photos (8 in total) and exactly 0 times in the female photos (21 in total).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,941 Member
    12. No Profane, Vulgar, Sexually Explicit or Illegal Images

All images on the site, including all profile pictures and images posted in the forums, should be work-place friendly. While we reserve the right to remove any photo we feel is inappropriate, here are some partial guidelines as to what is not acceptable:

- no nudity
    - no underwear, thongs, g-strings, or banana hammocks
    - no pants or shorts worn mid-hip or below (no saggers)
    - no photos in which hands or objects are the only bodily covering
    - no excessive cleavage (if you would wear it to work, it’s probably OK)
    - no close-up shots of cleavage, butt, breasts or crotch in any state of dress
    - no hateful or violent imagery
    - no images containing profanity or vulgarity

If you are photographing yourself to demonstrate successful weight loss, tight fitting spandex is a great way to show the change in your shape, while still abiding by these guidelines. Photos altered to present inaccurate weight-loss results are prohibited. Please keep the experience at MyFitnessPal encouraging by keeping your "success" photos authentic.
  • Christineclendaniel
    Interesting that the word "fat" occurs 4 times in the male photos (8 in total) and exactly 0 times in the female photos (21 in total).

The male photo that the OP posted is not the one that was posted with the work "fat" in it. The OP posted a photo with numbers only, however has been removed.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I guess built fat in the other one. I'd like to be a bit leaner with a more athletic look...but I really like beer.

20131124_151450.jpg

beer seems to liek you too! looking good.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

The male photo that the OP posted is not the one that was posted with the work "fat" in it. The OP posted a photo with numbers only, however has been removed.

That's actually incorrect. I did post the one that used the word fat but, as I've said some half dozen times, there aren't a lot of option for male charts. If someone can find one with as wide a range of body types that they feel is better I'll happily ask a mod to paste it in but, so far, no one has offered any such chart. Just lots of whining.

I suppose I should have made my own chart using carefully selected images and terms that wouldn't offended anyone (what those terms are, I'm not sure) and maybe then things could have rolled along normally.

But then I'm not offended by the word 'fat' so I suppose I wouldn't have used terms all that different even if I had made it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Man I really wish I hadn't attached all my comments to the nekkid men's pic's. all my observations are lost. :ohwell:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Aaaand this thread is derailed beyond salvation.

thx gauise

QFT
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I guess built fat in the other one. I'd like to be a bit leaner with a more athletic look...but I really like beer.

20131124_151450.jpg

beer seems to liek you too! looking good.

thanks...appreciate that. I can suck it in with the best of 'em...:drinker:
  • Christineclendaniel

That's actually incorrect. I did post the one that used the word fat but, as I've said some half dozen times, there aren't a lot of option for male charts. If someone can find one with as wide a range of body types that they feel is better I'll happily ask a mod to paste it in but, so far, no one has offered any such chart. Just lots of whining.

I suppose I should have made my own chart using carefully selected images and terms that wouldn't offended anyone (what those terms are, I'm not sure) and maybe then things could have rolled along normally.

But then I'm not offended by the word 'fat' so I suppose I wouldn't have used terms all that different even if I had made it.

Sorry, I thought you had posted the white picture with numbers. I looked for pics as well...its telling how many female body types I found but very few mens. I did find an anime one...but not enough types.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lgIfmFIhD6g/Tw1u2c-BEII/AAAAAAAAAMI/6J_LZzruECw/s1600/classified.jpg
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    I purposely took a term out of my post yesterday (even though just pointing out the one difference in a few on the body types) for the fear even the words might offend men into thinking its a bad thing.

I too, love seeing every single mans bodytype...I think men have super sexy bodies no matter what size and shape and for those who posted, thank you, I actually didnt realize there were as many types as there are. I truly hope anything I said has deterred anyone from posting pics in this thread. If so, I apologize and will stfu...I would just really hate to see this thread not back on track. Please gentlemen, some pics!

Most guys are as shy about posting shirtless pictures as women. I doubt many will participate after the thread went in the crapper.
  • Christineclendaniel

Most guys are as shy about posting shirtless pictures as women. I doubt many will participate after the thread went in the crapper.

I dont blame them, I probably wouldnt either. I forget that guys are not as carefree as society seems to label them.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Yeah, I'm right about the place of AbnormalSprin (below) or chubbyfat (first page). Except without any visible muscle tone. Never had it, probably never will. When i lose the 50 or 60 lbs, I will be thinner with no muscle tone. It would be nice to have some endurance for cycling.

Brave guy, AbnormalSprin!
    Ok I give up photobucket hates me. I got it to work take that Internet

I say chubby fat
    2gwrqsi.jpg
  • Onderwoman

Maybe start a different thread for shirtless guys Whierd, and make a be kind or you will bear hug them to death rule! I wanted more guy pics!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    14f10306-0111-4ac5-af6a-3396db1caf32_zps8d616b4f.jpg

i rekon im half way between chubby fat and fat as fatass.

would like to be ottermode but would settle with built fat.
  • Onderwoman
    Yeah see that's why there needs to be more types there, it gets all confused. I don't think ottermode ever could have enough muscle to be builtfat, builtfat leaned up should be either althletic or built, right? You aren't a fatass, you are chubbyfat btw. And then what does fatass lean up to? I thinking he would lean up to builtfat or chubbyfat depending on muscle? Oh this male body hierarchy is so confusing :)
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    As far as I can tell, there are 3 differing criteria:

Body fat
    Body muscle
    Body shape

As an example, I'm low fat, low muscle and I'm not really sure what my body shape is.

The reality is that this type of thing is only important online. The last time someone commented on my weight in the "real world" was about 20 years ago (someone who didn't know I was on a diet). Yet if I posted my shirtless photo here (or worse, my photo at goal weight) I'd be guaranteed to get comments galore. No thanks.

Edit: I happened to find this quiz (9 questions) about what body shape a person is:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

According to this quiz, I'm

ENDOMORPH: 50%
    MESOMORPH: 25%
    ECTOMORPH: 25%