Halfway there...

Options
TechNerd42
TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
Once upon a time, there was a gamer. She liked all sorts of games, board games, video games, and role-playing games included. That girl had a set of gaming dice. The set was gold and sparkly. She loved them. Unfortunately, due to time and other excuses, she had to stop playing role-playing games with her friends. She put her dice into a ziploc bag on her dresser, and there they sat, forelornly. Occasionally she would find them while cleaning up or getting something else, and she'd roll one or two for old time's sake, and she would tell herself, "I need to find a gaming group." But it wouldn't happen.

Years passed. One day at work, she spied a group of co-workers in a conference room after the office had closed. She poked her head in. They were playing Dungeons and Dragons. A spark was lit. The following day, she asked about the game, and received awesome news. They had just started, and needed someone to fill a hole in the group. She went home and began crafting her character. (Her old character was lost to history.) A gnome sorceress. Short, low-level, and wary of strangers, but smart as a whip. Finally, after a few weeks, she was able to join the campaign. She did the finishing touches to her character, and gave it to the Dungeon Master.

The day of the game was normal, although she was forgetful. She'd left her wallet at home that day, and had to rush home in the middle of the day to get it, so she could go to the gym (she needed her gym card). As she was at home, she also realized, she hadn't gotten out her dice! Ooops. She went to her bedroom and looked on her dresser. No dice. (hehe) A couple of boxes where she stored stuff near her dresser. Still not found. She was panicking now. Finally, she opened a larger box in her room to look for them.

She did not find her dice that day. But she found something better.

A lone pair of jeans, size 18, were in the box, with several t-shirts she packed away when she got too large to wear them. She left them on her bed. She was running out of time, and places to look, so she finally gave up on her search for dice. She stopped at a comic book shop on her way to the gym and picked out a pair of purple dice. They'd work. (and they did.) Game night was fun, and rocks didn't fall.

The following day, she pulled on the pair of jeans, and they were awesome. Not too baggy. She didn't even need her belt, although she wore it anyway to carry her Leatherman. She would probably not find a pair of 16s anywhere in the house (maybe a box or two in the garage) and she had no idea how old these were (and therefore how long it had been since she fit into them) but dang it, she was rockin those jeans! 77 pounds down.

Replies

• unniexoxo
    unniexoxo Posts: 7
    Options
    Awesome job!! And that's great you found people to play games with
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Congratulations,
    You should be so proud of yourself.
    Good luck
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yeah, me too. And if I'd realized at the time how late we were going to play, I'd have probably enjoyed the pizza the others ordered. :) Trying to cram down 1000 calories right before bed because I didn't plan ahead, not as much fun as one might think. :)

This has been an awesome week for me all around. The pants were just a crowning moment. Now to get a hold of the trainer at the gym so I can learn proper lifting form.
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And what an amazing success, halfway or not, you are totally doing this!! :)

Cheers,
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Very entertaining read...and good for you! Way to go!! I'm down 107 with 25 to go! Add me if you need more friends reaching BIG goals!
  • marykate723
    marykate723 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great story, and congrats! I have a pair of too-small pants calling my name from the closet, I hope I can have similar success soon!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Great little story! =D And I like your ticker. ^^)b

Keep up the great work, and game on! XD
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!