Calorie burning suggestions?

Options
I went nearly 500 calories over my budget today. Does anyone know of some workouts off the top of their heads that'll burn about that amount? I have three hours to do it and no sneakers with me, so running is out of the question. Please help! :smile:

Replies

• ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Not sure what kind of exercise you can do without a sneaker. An alternative might be to eat 100 calories less each day for the next 5 days - just a thought :)
  • nikkifrolics
    nikkifrolics Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I should've clarified. I was thinking along the line of calisthenics, floor exercises, weights, aerobic youtube videos, etc - was hoping someone would know of some calorie breakdowns for those kind of workouts.
    That's a great idea though and actually requires some self-discipline, might use that
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    If it's a one day issue, no big deal. If you're trying to lose a pound a week you're now on path to lose 6/7 pounds for the week rather than a full pound assuming you're on target for the rest of the week ... that's 2.28 oz off plan.
  • motal003
    motal003 Posts: 28
    Options
    jumping jacks
  • NHitchner2
    NHitchner2 Posts: 31
    Options
    P90 Cardio X or Plyometrics, or both. But its fine for a person to go over the calorie standards every now and than, just so you can get more energy into your body. Losing too much weight too quickly will make you lose more muscle and fat, instead of a little muscle with mostly fat.

But also making your body eat less the next couple days doesn't help too much either, especially if your only eating few calories, me personally I have to eat roughly the least of 1300 calories(amount of calories depends on size, weight, height, ext...) for my body not to go into starvation mode.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    P90 Cardio X or Plyometrics, or both. But its fine for a person to go over the calorie standards every now and than, just so you can get more energy into your body. Losing too much weight too quickly will make you lose more muscle and fat, instead of a little muscle with mostly fat.

But also making your body eat less the next couple days doesn't help too much either, especially if your only eating few calories, me personally I have to eat roughly the least of 1300 calories(amount of calories depends on size, weight, height, ext...) for my body not to go into starvation mode.

Starvation mode? Really? Thanks for the extra calorie burn as I shake my head at that.
  • nlcs_nickyv32
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much. Remember it takes 3500 calories to loose or gain 1 pound.