Net calories ? I'm so confused !

Options
So when everyone talks about 'net calories' I get so confused. What are they ? How do you find out what mine is ? Everyone says you have to burn more calories than you put in, I'm supposed to consume 1300. Am I seriously supposed to burn 1300 calories a day ? I can burn about 100 in an hour, I don't have that kind of time during the day to burn 1200 more :(

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    If you are supposed to eat 1300 calories, that is your goal. If you exercise and burn 100 calories, you should eat that 100 calories so that you still have a net consumption of 1300. Total consumed calories - exercise calories = net calories (if you eat 1400 then exercise 100, your net is 1300). Does that help?
  • Bazzaware
    Bazzaware Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Amberrdesjard,

You don't have to burn 1300 calories in exercise. You will be burning the 1300 calories a day as your body will burn them just keeping you alive and doing your daily activities. This value will be slightly less calories than your body actually needs as it will be calculated on the rate at you selected for weight loss.

Any exercise you do during the day then gets added to the 1300. So if you did your hours exercise and burnt 100 calories then your calorie intake for that day would then become 1400 . As long as you eat less calories you should still be on target.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Bazza