Any good workout program suggestions?

I've been curious about p90x, I've done Insanity, but are there more?
I'm trying to get the most out of my fitness and would like to shed these last 30 lbs.
I want to become more active.
I've already decided to change my eating habits drastically, but I feel it won't be as affective without a great workout routine other than the gym.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    What are your fitness goals?
  • What are your fitness goals?

I'm at 195 lbs, looking to shed 30 more.
    I'm aiming to lose weight right now rather than bulk. i'm going to bulk when I reach my goal.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    If your only goal is weight loss, then calorie deficit is all you need. The majority of weight loss is diet.

Exercise can help you create a calorie deficit. The best exercise is this case would be whatever you enjoy and will do consistently, be that walking, running, swimming, cycling, etc. etc.

It would be advisable to add some form of resistance / strength training in order to preserve muscle mass while you lose weight. You will not bulk up while eating at a deficit. If you don't have access to a gym there are some good body weight programmes such as You Are Your Own Gym and Convict Conditioning.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    It sounds like you're like me - despite knowing that its 80% diet, you need a challenging workout plan to keep you motivated. I can't just diet alone and steady state cardio is my idea of hell.

It sounds like you want a fixed program and there are loads of programs out there like the ones you mention - Insanity Asylum, P90X2, P90X3, Focus T25, Rushfit, Kettleworx etc.

Do you work out at home or at the gym at the moment? If at home look into kettlebells - awesome for cardio and strength in one. Or get some dumbbells and try the Spartacus workouts.

Obviously all of the above are based on your statement that you don't want to bulk right now and you'd rather lose weight, as there are other programs for strength training that could be recommended. That being said, resistance training is still recommended as its fun, burns calories and preserves lean muscle mass.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Forgot to add, you could also try hill sprints - awesome workout! Google has lots of programs for you to follow.
  • Thanks!