What is the best concert you' ve been to?

Options

Replies

• CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Ok this is showing my early Christian Music roots but when I was a teen I loved the OC Supertones and they put on a really amazing live performance.

But as for other music..I went to Westfest which had two days of heaps of bands but the likes of KoRn, Rob Zombie, Megadeth and FFDP played. I loved it so much!! But I am more into the small gigs too, and Norma Jean would have to be up there with Balance and Compsure and La Dispute.
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    If I had my guesses right, no one will know who this is; but the best concert ever put on was by Chris Ledoux before he died. Amazing show - interaction with his fans...kept coming back for more..he made sure his fans got what they paid for and then some....true performer.

George Strait is a VERY CLOSE second, though; like by a hair...a very, very thin hair.:wink:
    " Worn out tape of Chris Ledoux, lonely women and bad booze seem to be the only friends i've left at all" Love that line..
  • cargotrailer
    cargotrailer Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If I had my guesses right, no one will know who this is; but the best concert ever put on was by Chris Ledoux before he died. Amazing show - interaction with his fans...kept coming back for more..he made sure his fans got what they paid for and then some....true performer.

George Strait is a VERY CLOSE second, though; like by a hair...a very, very thin hair.:wink:

Chris Ledoux was great!

My favorite concert was Eric Church, October 8, 2012 at the Tivoli Theatre in Chattanooga, TN.
    Caught in the Act album was recorded at this concert!

Heading to Atlanta this evening for KISS and Def Leppard... but I don't think it will make it to the top of the list!
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    DMB w/Santana playing guitar all night...freakin awesome.
  • dabears6352
    dabears6352 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    AC/DC Back In Black......Yes, showing my age here. LOL
  • stuart160
    Options
    I was born in the 60's and love music so there have been so damn many. I will always be convinced that we are the luckiest generation for all the great music we were exposed to by the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's Artists... in all the genres.

Roger Waters- The Wall
    Pink Floyd- The Division Bells
    Paul Simon
    Elton John
    Foreigner
    Bryan Adams
    Chicago
    Hootie and The Blowfish/ Darius Rucker

Best though was Vince Gills 25th Year Celebration at the Grand Ol Opry in Nashville
  • stuart160
    Options
    You know I actually saw them in Bootcamp, can you believe that? Ha Ha
  • edrobles99
    edrobles99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Kamelot - Silverthorn Tour here on Puerto Rico!!
    ACDC - Black Ice Tour!!!
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Janet Jackson velvet rope tour with 98 degrees opening show lol

Agreed, but usher opened for mine... he was all but naked by the end of every song. Janet Jackson did an amazing job.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You know I actually saw them in Bootcamp, can you believe that? Ha Ha

I loved this one too!!!! Nothing like firing cannons in an arena to make your ears bleed...Angus was amazing!
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Matthew Sweet!

He's one of my all time favorites and he was playing in this little dive bar near my college dorm. I was able to get right to the front row and after the concert I was able to go onto his tour bus and give him a hug. He'd recognized me as the girl in the front row who knew all the lyrics.

^_^
  • airfree13
    airfree13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tool back in July 2010 at Nokia in LA. They sound amazing live and put on a great visual show. I'm hoping I get to see them again!!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Simon & Garfunkel, Central Park, 1981?

Allman Brothers, Madison Square Garden, 1973?

You certainly don't mean Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, Yale Bowl, 1969.

God, I'm old ....
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Guns N Roses, Riverport Ampitheater, St. Louis, MO, 1991, 36th row. The riot. It was so awesome.

Runner Up: Ned's Atomic Dustbin at some seedy St. Louis club in 1992. Amazing show, killer mosh pit. Such a great night.

:drinker:
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Michael Buble. I was sick as a dog with a stomach bug. Even had to run out and throw up, but it was still one of the best nights of my life.
  • fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Eric Clapton

But I've only been to three total: Van Halen, Eric Clapton, Sting
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Here's one you may not expect to hear:

Weird Al Yankovic

The man is a very dynamic and versatile performer. I've never been more entertained by a wider variety of music, genres, and stage presence in one show. It was one of the most memorable concerts I've been too.
  • _dadgad
    _dadgad Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Showing my age here. My first was the best. September 1971. Tower of Power opened, followed by Bo Diddly, then the headliner, Creedence Clearwater Revival. What a show!
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    The Pharcyde playing the whole of the Bizarre Ride album last year - never thought I would see that,

Bad Religion was also Amaaazing!
  • mefitforlife9
    mefitforlife9 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Eric Clapton - mid 90's... awesome, plain and simple. Slowhand Tour (I think that was what it was called), or maybe it was "Unplugged"??

Oh, and Eagles - Hell Freezes Over