Girl Scout Cookies

Options
It's that time of year again! We must be strong. I was cookie mom last year and my daughter is selling them again this year. My advice, what I'm doing is, don't keep them in the house. They are too much of a temptation for me. We let each kiddo get a box but I didn't get any for myself. Here is a look at the serving size and nutritional content of each cookie. As long as you can stick to the serving size, or a little less, you shouldn't have any trouble. You are much stronger than I am. Good luck! :smile:

- Lemon Chalet Cremes: 3 cookies / calories 170 / fat 7g / sodium 90mg / total carb 26g / protein 2g

- Trefoils: 5 cookies / calories 160 / fat 8g / sodium 115mg / total carb 22g / protein 2g

- Do-si-dos: 2 cookies / calories 110 / fat 5g / sodium 70mg / total carb 16g / protein 2g

- Samoas: 2 cookies / calories 140 / fat 7g / sodium 55mg / total carb 19g / protein 1g

- Dukce de Leche: 4 cookies / calories 160 / fat 8g / sodium 65mg / total carb 19g / protein 2g

- Thank U Berry Much: 2 cookies / calories 120 / fat 5g / sodium 75mg / total carb 18g / protein 1g

- Tagalongs: 2 cookies / calories 140 / fat 9g / sodium 95mg / total carb 13g / protein 2g

- Thin Mints: 3 cookies / calories 160 / fat 8g / sodium 120mg / total carb 22g / protein 1g

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I think it's great that you can now donate your cookies. You can still support a great cause like the Girl Scouts and not have the temptations of having them in the house.
    I know I can't eat just three Thin Mints!
  • RoRoFletch
    Options
    Last night, my sister and I went to the grocery store and saw the GS setting up shop. They were actually already set up and selling. These girls [and Moms] weren't nearly as bad as I've seen though. I think they were talking to someone else when we walked by. I was very relieved. Even if they asked me to buy I wasn't going to because I know I can find other ways to spend my calories.

I am too weak for Girl Scouts ... I absolutely LOVE Samoas!
  • RoRoFletch
    Options
    I think it's great that you can now donate your cookies. You can still support a great cause like the Girl Scouts and not have the temptations of having them in the house.

Didn't know you can 'donate' the cookies. Is that on their site?
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Did you happen to put that information in the nutrition database?

We have a few boxes on the way here too. Last year I did *really* well with not eating much (and that was when I was just "eating healthy" and not counting calories) so I am hoping for the same this year. Luckily for me, of my favorites -- Tagalongs don't have many in the package and Thin Mints freeze *really* well (which is one reason I didn't eat many of them last year -- but they are good for chocolate cravings!)
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    mmmm...samoas! i can't eat just two, either! i will be passing this year. :(
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    If you love Samoas you should try Kellog's Fiber Plus Caramel Coconut Fuge. Tastes just like 'em for 120 cals and 9grams of fiber. So yum.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options

Didn't know you can 'donate' the cookies. Is that on their site?

Whether you order from an individual girl scout or buy them at a booth you should be able to see, or ask:
    - What the troop box goal is
    - What they will use some of the money to benefit
    - Who they are donating purchased cookies to
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Did you happen to put that information in the nutrition database?

We have a few boxes on the way here too. Last year I did *really* well with not eating much (and that was when I was just "eating healthy" and not counting calories) so I am hoping for the same this year. Luckily for me, of my favorites -- Tagalongs don't have many in the package and Thin Mints freeze *really* well (which is one reason I didn't eat many of them last year -- but they are good for chocolate cravings!)

I did not but that is a good idea. I'll make sure I do that.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Love the list. I was a cookie Mom too. I had enough of these that they aren't as tempting as they used to be. It seems that this is what this journey is about - learning to approach all these challenges differently than before. I am looking for progress whether it is holidays or GS cookie season. I thought it was preorder season and not yet time for seeing girls out selling yet. Anyway forwarned is forarmed so thanks for the heads up and info. Yes I love the question about if they are on the database. I bet they are.
  • highlordb
    highlordb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thats what I did...my best friends daughter was selling them I bought 2 boxes and donated them.
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    If you love Samoas you should try Kellog's Fiber Plus Caramel Coconut Fuge. Tastes just like 'em for 120 cals and 9grams of fiber. So yum.

Thanks! I will definitely be trying some for when I have a sweet tooth!