Not enough water

Options
Hi,

I have trouble drinking the suggested 8 cups of water. I have never been very good at drinking water and so I am struggling. On average, I would have about 6 glasses.

I also exercise most days so this is a bit of a problem.

Any advice?

Replies

• theatr3geek
    Options
    Try getting your water in other ways! That is what I do. I drink a cup of green tea and usually another cup of tea daily. You can also get your water from Iced Tea (make sure its the home-made kind) and sparkling water- I usually get Poland Springs kind. There are SO many ways to get your water intake. Also, just regular ice water with lemon or lime is always delicious!
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. It's not that I don't like water, it's just that I don't feel thirsty enough during the day to drink that much water.

Although, when i start exercising I'm sure that'll change.

I also don't like tea, so that isn't really an option for me. :(
  • jemmajoy
    Options
    I bought myself a bright red water bottle at walmart.. 32 oz.. 5 dollars.. bpa free. I put water and ice in it and when i see it i drink it! i carry it to work and it sit on my desk and I take sips all day. by add ins. Crystal light.. ect. mix it in your water bottle. it will help
  • savage677
    Options
    I get flavored water Crystal Bay, it's fizzy and fruit flavored so it feels like soda a little. The bottle has 4+ cups and makes it easier to get the water in. It tastes pretty good. Good Luck.
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    I try drinking some green tea and a regular cup of tea during the day. Then I do add ins like Crystal Light. Water to me is boring and I'm not a big fan of drinking it. So I do things to make me want to drink it without adding calories.
  • Lokitaa21
    Options
    I have time limits for all my water.

I frink the 16 oz bottles and I tell myself i have an hour to drink each one. At the end of the hr whatever i have left i have to down. I figure if im up for 17hrs a day then thats like 34 8oz glasses of water(:
  • Dakota1235
    Options
    Try getting your water in other ways! That is what I do. I drink a cup of green tea and usually another cup of tea daily. You can also get your water from Iced Tea (make sure its the home-made kind) and sparkling water- I usually get Poland Springs kind. There are SO many ways to get your water intake. Also, just regular ice water with lemon or lime is always delicious!

Just be aware that regular tea has caffeine, which is a diuretic. So it's kind of working against yourself. Try teas that are not caffeinated.

A good rule of thumb to tell if you are hydrated enough is the color of your urine. If it's clear then you're drinking enough, the yellower the pee the more you need to drink.
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    It took me a few weeks to get in the habit of drinking water. So instead, I cut out drinking soda all together. After that, water was nearly the only thing I did drink. Try drinking less soda, it might give you the taste of drinking water (if you drink it that is). Or instead of drinking plain water, drink a cup of hot green tea instead. Now, I drink a little bit more than eight glasses of water. I think I get in about 101 fl oz a day!
  • Endershadow
    Endershadow Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If you are healthy, you don't have to drink 8 glasses everyday.

"have a beverage with meals and drink when you are thirsty."
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=eight-glasses-water-per-day
  • mayagorelik
    Options
    Thanks for all your help. I don't really like tea, but I'll try the other suggestions. Thanks heaps..