Help me to gain weight

Options
Hi everyone,

Am 24 years old, female, height 158cms and weight just 44kgs. I look so lean all my freinds and family members are worried about me. Please suggest me any energy drink or protein mix or anything that makes my weight gets increased. Nowadays I intake lot of calories but just my belly is getting increased nothing else. My hands, legs and my face looks so skinny. Please provide your valuable comments. Thanks in advance. :smile:

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating currently?

Are you lifting regularly?
    If not- why not? and the answer to that following will be "YOU SHOULD"

in order to gain equally and uniformly- you need to eat at a regulated small calorie surplus, and also be lifting to maximize muscle gains.

If you just over eat- you're just going to get fat.
  • baru_1990
    baru_1990 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I eat 2000 to 2100 calories per day. Because of my work am not to go for gym regularly. But i do go during my weekends. Would you like to suggest any energy drink? Am in a position that even if i become fat i don't care much. All i wanted is not to be lean.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    energy isn't needed.

You could use them sure- but it isn't needed.

My calorie surplus of choice is ice cream and oreos.

But no- I cannot specifically recommend one- because - I do not drink them.
  • lpeterson
    lpeterson Posts: 36
    Options
    You definitely need to start heavy lifting and use a Mass Builder supplement. Just eating high calorie fat foods will make you fat and you need to build up your muscle.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    You definitely need to start heavy lifting and use a Mass Builder supplement. Just eating high calorie fat foods will make you fat and you need to build up your muscle.

HAHa...

no.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Have a family member with a similar issue (lost a lot of weight, too thin, & can't eat too much due to a medical issue with their throat that's being attended to), and am going to see if they are receptive to a calorie dense shake during the day to bring up their intake. Looking at some bodybuilding forums, I've seen a lot of bodybuilders seeking to bulk up, seem to make their own from a combination of oats, fruit, milk, banana and often some peanut butter.

If you simply can't get in the calories into you, as some can't, this might be a place to start, but in your case I would only treat it as a temporary measure, and look to add calories into your diet, but from real food, as shakes seem to be good for people that have no alternative or else are using them as a short term measure.

I would focus on adding calories quality food sources like fruit, vegetables, quality proteins (meat/ fish/ eggs/ etc), and grains such as oats and rice, for example. If the issue is your appetite, or lack thereof, I would try eating just a little too much at every meal, and your body should respond by upping your appetite over time. Carbs tend to be the easiest to overeat on, so go for good quality carb sources, as well as of course making sure you are getting enough protein for your bodies needs.

I would do this gradually, so you don't end up just adding fat, and as suggested above, some strength or resistance training will ensure that your weight gain is more much needed muscle, than simply excess fat.