What's going on?

Options
Hi! My story:
So, I lost weight over a course of about 10 months eating 1200-1300 daily. I am 5'3, small boned, 18 years old. I upped to around 1400 for a month, and after still loosing I upped from 1400-1800 over the course of about 2 weeks. I have monitored my weight and it has stayed within 3 pound range every morning that I weigh while I have increased. As I have increased more towards 1800 it is in the "middle of that range" rather than on the lower end. Last week I was steady at a weight every morning maintaining but now, the last two days it's been around 1-2 pounds higher than it normally is! Why is this? I haven't done anything different, if anything burning more calories than last week. Did I gain two pounds from the increase and do not maintain on what I thought?
The on my thing I can think of is I've been weighing around a half an hour earlier than I normally do, or maybe my scale broke? I'm calibrating it at zero (it's an analog)
Thanks for your help

Replies

• jpapp13
    jpapp13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do you allow for water weight? Ones weight can fluctuate greatly in one day
    Have you changed anything about your diet or workout?
    I would suggest maybe increasing from a 3 pound range to 5, I know that when I eat foods with more sodium, etc. I can be up 2 or 3 pounds in the matter of a day, but as the week progresses it evens itself out.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Water weight.
    If you're female, your period. (I can gain up to 5 pounds in the few days before my period.)
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I jumped up 7 lbs one weekend from simply eating some salty food. I guess all the water weight just sat around and bloated me. Took about 3 days to go back down to normal!
    If you had been maintaining at that range of calories for months, I can't imagine this new weight gain is anything permanent!

No worries....keep monitoring and I am certain all will correct itself
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Especially in the summer, salt, sweating and heat weather make you jump around a lot more. Keep everything where it is and give it another week or two before you tweak anything.

Drinking water helps your kidneys shed water. Don't stop drinking fluids.
  • chaarlotte289
    chaarlotte289 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've been at 1700-2000 for a week. It's been consistent everyday except the the last two days. My sodium is always under 2500 so I don't think it could be that.