music for jogging

Options
So newbie to running but willing to admit I think im getting a bit addicted just wondering for those of u who play music what do u listen to what cds can u advise me to get me going ?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    not sure what you like but I usually do hophop/pop when I run since its upbeat, some artists that have alot of hits that fit the bill are usher, kesha, pit bull, selena gomez, rihanna, maroon five, fall out boy. Another idea is to find music that bpm (beats per minute)matches with your pace, then it will feel really natural to run to it. If you google there are lots of sites with running songs listed by bpm to give you ideas.
  • MamaGab92
    MamaGab92 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I listen to the "Pop Fitness Radio" channel on Pandora when I run. I found it a couple of weeks ago and so far I like it pretty well. Yesterday the pace was perfect to match my running (which may not be a great thing because I'm kind of slow) LOL. Anyway, they play a pretty good mix of contemporary pop tunes that are also motivational.
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I listen to the "Pop Fitness Radio" channel on Pandora when I run. I found it a couple of weeks ago and so far I like it pretty well. Yesterday the pace was perfect to match my running (which may not be a great thing because I'm kind of slow) LOL. Anyway, they play a pretty good mix of contemporary pop tunes that are also motivational.

Gutted not available in uk
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i have a huge mix in my playlist, it ranges from rock, punk, techno, trance, reggae, dancehall, folk and lots of hip hop, i like a nice variety to keep me going

i mostly just go for tracks with a good pace to them, nothing too fast or too slow
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My two favorite songs at the moment for jogging are Happy by Pharrell and All I do is win by DJ Khaled. I start out with Happy and finish with All I do is win and I put other songs on shuffle in between. Eye of the Tiger is a good motivator ;)

I try and keep songs on my playlist that are between 130 and 170 beats per minute because that's the pace I run at. I found this site: http://www.runhundred.com/sort-by-tempo/ which helped me develop my perfect playlist. :)
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The Lumineers are my go-to every time I do any kind of cardio.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I used to have an insatiable appetite for music to use when running. One day I just stopped listening to music, and I have enjoyed running a lot more since then. But, that was after years of running with music or podcasts. Before I quit cold turkey, I would listen to a lot of Arcade Fire, Daft Punk, Calexico, and random indie albums I purchased along the way.
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Any cds u guys advise rather than putting together my own compilation as with two little ones dont have loads of time
  • theserpah
    theserpah Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Girl Talk - All Day
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I listen to rock mostly for my runs and a wide range of rock from Def Leppard to Linkin Park to Hinder to Metallica to Warrant to Atom Smash... you get the picture. I have a few playlists and I rotate them around. They are set to all upbeat faster tempo songs. No slow songs for me while running.
  • pshara
    pshara Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am a jogger as well and I can't run without music. Other than shuffling through my own collection. I really like RockMyRun.com. It costs a little (not too expense) and they have a large variety of mixed music that you can buy. Their selections are available by beats-per-minute to help you keep pace and by length so if you're trying to get in 30, 60 minutes you can buy a mix that is that long so you have uninterrupted play.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    There are even running podcasts that are free DJ mixed music -- I used some of them and also I bought a running music list made by Apple on itunes.
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Rock My Run - app for apple or android...great mixes for working out
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I listen to rock mostly for my runs and a wide range of rock from Def Leppard to Linkin Park to Hinder to Metallica to Warrant to Atom Smash... you get the picture. I have a few playlists and I rotate them around. They are set to all upbeat faster tempo songs. No slow songs for me while running.

This is similar to me, love a good rock song to run to :)
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'd say anything rock or metal but that's the music I prefer... Can't stand much of anything else. Wailing guitar solos and driving drum beats are what move me.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    EDM Trap Music, ftw :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • andythecurefan
    andythecurefan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Girl Talk - All Day

I believe mixes/compilations are the best for this, but I second the above post if you want a single cd.

I also recommend DJ AM and Travis Barker's mixtape cd.
  • eddiedamn
    eddiedamn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've had great luck with Podrunner Intervals. They take you pretty gently up to 5k (and then onward if you desire). These mixes combined with MFP have really, really helped. http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I also usually liste to top 40 stuff but like older ones also just a variety go to youtube and google cardio music you can get a good sampling there. Lateley Eminem has been one of my more favorite artists to listen to while running.