Some recommendations please...

Options
As evidenced by many of my posts I am having a hard time with my target / net / macros. So if anyone has a few minutes and could take a look at my day thus far... and make some recommendations I would certainly appreciate some sound advice. Keeping in mind that I have a one hour personal training session later that will most likely consist of a quick warm up, some core/ab work and some booty work e.g., squats with heavy weight. I know I'm over on my sodium, which is typical for me... ugh... I am working on that. I need to get my other numbers up to meet my NET for the day. Again, any recommendations on additional food choices for dinner, snacks, etc. would be great. Thanks in advance for the help! :smile:

Replies

• Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If was me, I work to get protein up. Esp with the major workout coming and heavy lifting. You can do it in any number of ways. A chicken breast, turkey breast, tuna, protein bar (I prefer quest bars), protein shake or any combo.

Feel free to peak at my diary. I would like have a protein shake made and ready in car for when the workout is done. I use two different ones. Carnivore is the cleanest (per my trainer) and I use this with lifting. I also use a whey isolate for all other workouts for recovery. Then I would eat normally. A grilled chix breast with extra virgin olive oil and garlic, asparagus, a spinache salad consisting of tomato and pureed avacodo (healthy fats).

If needed then have a quest bar. 20 grams of protein per bar and only 160 calories. I eat half for 10 grams of protein and 80 calories. They taste good. I like the strawberry cheesecake. I cut into little bites and feels like dessert.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Thanks! All good ideas.

I love my high fiber organic hemp protein powder so maybe I'll mix up some of that with some coconut milk for right after the workout. I don't like protein bars that much.... I also like GNC Wheybiolic for after lifting, maybe I'll combo a little of each. I was thinking of doing some grilled chicken wrapped in turkey bacon, I'll use the olive oil and garlic definitely and I love asparagus and I love spinach and beet salad with goat cheese and avocados. I just don't want to go over on my calories. Dessert... hmmmm... I know my husband well and this is the kind of night that he'll want to get an ice cream down by the water. Maybe I'll give myself a treat, maybe not, we'll have to see how I feel after eating :smile: Thanks again!