Do you dress your dog?

Replies

• Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    I have a theory that people who dress their dogs are control freaks.
  • vixx1405
    vixx1405 Posts: 129 Member
    only for special occasions last Halloween she was a devil and the year before she was a witch an at Christmas she has a Yappy Christmas bandanna! she doesnt mind it an she looks so cute
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    My dog actually likes getting "dressed." A new collar or bandanna and she holds her head high and prances around. Yet I almost never put anything on her. Maybe I'm mean.

10245421_10152303807232545_4682226936294595869_n.jpg?oh=21b9dd3c001c1834d1934f5df17b104f&oe=54542A27&__gda__=1413304113_171ffb6ce235cd286dd6e8a0ba2398b6
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    My dog has a bunny suit for Halloween that she wears for about five minutes.
    She does have a winter coat she she does wear out of necessity. She loves to plow thru the snow and it just clings to her curly hair.
    She would come into the house cold and wet and melt all over the place.
  • odusgolp
    1405167_o.gif
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Not under any circumstances should a pet be "dressed up"
  • odusgolp
    Not under any circumstances should a pet be "dressed up"

Not even a lil' hedgehog???

tutu-hedgehog.jpg
  • odusgolp
    What if she gets cold??

cute-lil-hedgehog2.png
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    What if she gets cold??

cute-lil-hedgehog2.png

Ok, maybe hedgehogs. But not dogs, definitely not cats.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Weasley was VERY underweight when we adopted him. and winter was coming. so i got him a LOVELY sweater. b/c he legit had NO fat barrier to keep him warm. i put it on him. he looked SO CUTE! and then i looked into his eyes. eyes of shame. eyes that were wondering what he could have POSSIBLY done wrong to deserve such punishment. his ears were down, his tail between his legs, his whole demeanor was depressed and dejected. took the sweater off of him and he went happily bounding away, his frisky self again.

He's got some house elf in there somewhere, mark my words.
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member

My dog requires it. And putting boots on dogs in winter when you take them for a walk is actually quite beneficial. The salt they put on sidewalks and roads are terrible for them, and when caught in the paw it can cut them open, and if they lick it off it can poison them.

I'll take my chances by taking my pet's health and well being into consideration in inclement weather.

Weather aside - no, I don't dress him up, he's free to be naked...except for my wedding, my wife bought him a custom tuxedo for his odd body shape... he had to look good as my best man...He actually enjoys having clothes on...
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    No. My pup would freak the hell out if I tried to put a sweater on her or something. She prefers being naked, and damn it if she don't look good doing it. :)
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    In no circumstances is ketchup on a hot dog... oh. Wrong kind of thread.
  • odusgolp
    Only on date night.

wellplayed.gif
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member

but... but...

giphy.gif
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    I make hats for my cats. And petal collars. My entertainment is the price they must pay for the sofa and the bottomless bowl.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    I put a sweater on her in the Winter. She's half Dachshund, half Chihuahua (Chiweenie) and they get colder quicker. So, she needs the sweater when we go for walks. I've bought a hot dog costume for her... she is half Dachshund... Lolz. She didn't like it.