I have been putting this off for days...

Options
But now I must assssssk.

I have a spot on my backside right leg "top" that feels like a sun burn. It feels like a rash, like pulled skin even. I don't want to go into the doctors for it...hubby played doctor and said there is nothing there. ??? So anyone know what can be going on? I guess it also feels like when you sit with too short shorts on leather and get up. OUCH! It just never goes away. It has been a good two weeks thus far.

ANYONE?

I'm trying to be strong! But I'm sick of pain! :tongue:

DD1cusNoWhiners531.gif

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    But now I must assssssk.

I have a spot on my backside right leg "top" that feels like a sun burn. It feels like a rash, like pulled skin even. I don't want to go into the doctors for it...hubby played doctor and said there is nothing there. ??? So anyone know what can be going on? I guess it also feels like when you sit with too short shorts on leather and get up. OUCH! It just never goes away. It has been a good two weeks thus far.

ANYONE?

DD1cusNoWhiners531.gif
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Do you remember injuring or straining it at all?

Sometimes, a pulled muscle can feel "hot"--does it feel like that?
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Not hot...I mean, I'm hot, but I don't seem to be extra hot there...Hokay, I AM extra hot there, but nothing out of the ordinary. :tongue:

Would this be a "pre" stretch mark feeling or something like that? Maybe it is an alien trying to find its' way out through my skin.

:sick:
  • shorerider
    Options
    Got me---but if it's causing pain and hasn't gone away after a week......you need to see your Doc!!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    But now I must assssssk.

ANYONE?

DD1cusNoWhiners531.gif

It could be neuralgia (sp), which is when the skin feels very sensitive, but there is nothing there. From the word neura, I would imagine it comes from nerve, hence, maybe an inflammation of a nerve. Google the word, see if it is that. HTH and good luck.

PS: I must say your sense of humour is amazing and very entertaining. Good job on the weight loss too. You look great!

Carol
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Of course your a smoking hawtty! But I would tell you to go see your doc! Something that has no apparant cause needs to be addressed. Best to simply go in, and find out what it is, and then start healing up, hun!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Thanks friends...I guess I'll have to scan it for you...BAHHH!!! :laugh: Hokay, errrr...no. But I will google it. Thanks friends!

Hubby told me it was my twin growing since I made fun of Joey's twin growth her on MFP. LOL Grrrrrr....
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Options
    Ever injured you back? Sometimes pain referred from the back masks as localized pain.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Yulp, but yeaaaars ago...Over 20? In high school I did gymnastics. I just don't want to say...I'm getting old. EEEEK! Age??? :ohwell: Great...Now I'm going to have a panic attack over being sore and old. SHEESH!

Why does everything happen to me?:tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Are you sure its not your Sciatica nerve? I have a sharp pain every so often in my upper leg. Very painful sitting doesn't help ether. I need to go to the doc but I don't have the money to go. Best thing is get your weight off your leg when you have the pain and heat all so helps.
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I WOULD HAVE IT CHECKED OUT BY YOUR FAMILY DOCTOR OR DERMITOLOGIST (sp?) TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE. :noway:

JOY:flowerforyou:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Are you sure its not your Sciatica nerve? I have a sharp pain every so often in my upper leg. Very painful sitting doesn't help ether. I need to go to the doc but I don't have the money to go. Best thing is get your weight off your leg when you have the pain and heat all so helps.

I too have had sciatic pain that starts right above my buttocks and can go down through my leg.

Hm, feels like a rash, but nothing there... I guess that you couldn't have some type of bug bite?
    I've broken out so many times, I have the worlds most sensitive skin.

Only a doc could truly give you an answer, maybe you could ask a pharmacist at CVS or Walgreens or wherever you get meds.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Nope...don't think it is that...I'm googling and finding nothing.

This bites!

More like a "patch" of skin area...

• magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Nope...don't think it is that...I'm googling and finding nothing.

This bites!

More like a "patch" of skin area...

I googled sort of what your problem is, check out this website and see if it helps, it may not but I thought that I would give it a try

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/fibromyalgia-discussions/general-support/48914-burning-pain-on-skin
  • chrix
    chrix Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    burning?? google "shingles" pain

take a double dose of fever blister meds if it seems like that, then if you think it is, call the dr. and get it checked!!! immediately!!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Nope, and nope...

I was thinking someone would be saying they had something like this from running or riding or working out at some time or another.

Hummm...
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Oh
    doctor
    doctor
    can't you see
    I'm burning
    burning
    Oh
    doctor
    doctor
    Is this love
    I'm feeling?
    doctor
    doctor
    can't you see
    I'm burning
    burning;
    Oh
    doctor
    doctor
    Is this love
    I'm feeling?

Sorry, I was thinking you should go to the doctor and got Thompson Twins stuck in my head :laugh:
  • shorerider
    Options
    Nope, and nope...

I was thinking someone would be saying they had something like this from running or riding or working out at some time or another.

Hummm...

Well, didn't you go for bike rides recently? Does it your bike seat hit you in that area?
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    ouch.jpg

I feel like I'm totally using you all as doctors...so I put sock on...since I like to wear socks when I go to the doctors. :bigsmile:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Repeat after me, go to the Doctor! That's what they are for! Unless someone in here is a MD or a DO, and can also perform a clairvoyant examination, then I wouldn't be too totally confident of everyone's prognostication. :flowerforyou: C'mon hun, you're a big gurl, let's just pick up that phone and dial the doc for a "quickie" to see what it is. That way, the doc can get you the specific treatment you need. :wink:
    luvya hun! :tongue: But thanx for the socks, the complement the grey musculature, hehehe :laugh: