My boy is sick!!!! : (

Options

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You are NOT a neurotic mother. Especially with a child that isn't able to communicate for himself. You are his voice. No one knows your son better than you do. So if you think he needs to see a doctor, that's exactly what he needs. And hopefully having a son with autism, your pediatrician is very compassionate and helpful. And don't feel like you have to explain yourself to anyone. This is YOUR child. He depends on YOU to make the right decisions for him. But please take care of yourself too for him and for us. We need you!!! Let us know how he does through the night.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Don't worry....I'm watching the pit buddy.:smile:

Poor lil Nick! He has got one heck of a mama to look after him...that's for sure!

Give him a heady kiss for me.:heart:

(those always work don't they?):wink:

Big hugs to you and the sweet pea.:heart::heart: :heart:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    (((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS!!!!!))))))))))))))))):flowerforyou:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Aww hun!! You can talk to us as much as you want! I am glad you feel like you CAN!! :wink:

And Nick is VERY lucky to have such a wonderful mother. You have every right to be overly careful! He's your son!!

BIG BIG Hugs girl!! You are the BEST!!! When we meet up, the coffee is on ME!! (I mean, I will buy....not that I want it poured on me!!:wink: )

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    -Tami
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Heya ali, son, and hubby... prayers your way, luvya all!

...and ali, don't EVER think that you need to apologize for prioritizing your family first, you wouldn't be the bee yew tea full gal that you are, if ya didn't!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I'm baaaaack....and awwwww!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: thank you everyone!!!

okay little update....sigh....he woke up again after he fell asleep for like 1/2 hour....crying and moaning and then threw up and was burning up...like super hot....so more meds, and cleaned him up and lay down w/ him.....he passed right out:heart: ....its good when they get out the yucky in them.....so hopefully he'll sleep peacefully or at least for the next 4-6 hours till the meds wear off...:ohwell: God bless him he's more of a trooper than his o' momma! lol

so now here I'll be listening w/ one ear...keeping busy by getting my giggle on w/ all of you....and praying that he is on the mend!

thanks so much, for understanding and for all your kind words, encouragement and prayers!
    Ali :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Hurray!!!!

Welcome news.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Aww hunny, I hope he feels better soon! I can't imagine how u feel, probably a little helpless...I felt horrible when Taylor had thrush, but throwing up and a high fever? ugh..I know it must be terrible. Hang in there sweety and give that boy of yours a hug from his cyber auntie Lauren! Try to get some rest yourself too hun. luv ya!
    :heart: Lauren
  • ali106
    Options
    thanks again everyone...gonna go hit the sack just incase he wakes up poor kiddo!!!

thank you for distracting me from worrying too much and mindlessly munching.....he's gonna be fine I keep telling myself lol...thanks again! woot no munching and the sweetie is still sleeping!! ....knocking on wood, sign of the cross etc...etc..etc...:ohwell: :wink:

hugs!
    Ali ...night!:heart:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    So sorry he is not feeling well. A nice bath and popcicle are a good treat for little ones when the aren't feeling well. Another idea for you to help his tummy is sweet basil tea. It works very well for upset tummies.

Keep your head up and get some rest. Praying he feels better soon. I always worry when my kids get sick specially my boys.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Ali... I hope your little guy is feeling better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sending good thoughts and positive vibes your way. :flowerforyou:

I hope the night goes well for your little one.
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    Hey Ali,
    How did you guys do through the night? Was he able to get some decent sleep and restore some of his energy?

We're thinking about your and praying for you.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ali106
    Options
    morning sunshines!

Well my sweetie woke up a few times moaning and restless and I had to give the meds again...but no more throwing up so far....He's still sleeping so here I am....:ohwell: :wink:

I slept on his floor last night :laugh: ....ow my back....:noway: and I have a splitting headache....hmmm maybe that's something he has...cuz I feel a bit queezy too....I almost hope I do get it because then I can gage it better as crazy as that sounds!

As long as he's better today than yesterday I'll be happy! I have to work today but my mom and mil are here w/ him....I have a meeting w/ two staff here from Africa soooooo:ohwell:

Again thanks so much you all!!! I feel blessed to have you all as my friends!
    HUGS!
    Ali :drinker: << much needed coffee!
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    I'm relieved to here he made it through the night without throwing up again. I hate when my babies are sick and I wish more than anything to take away their pain. From one mom to another, you're an awesome mommy - sore back and all. And if you're mothering is any indication of the mother you were raised by, then your baby should be in good hands today. Do what you have to do and no more. Make sure to take care of you too :flowerforyou:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Am glad he is doing better. Hopefully you won't get the creeping crud as well. Now gonna go kill for a cup of coffee..... did I ever mention that I'm sooooooooooo not a morning person? :grumble:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    aw Ali McBeal... I'm sorry about lil man:ohwell:
    I hope he gets tons better today and that you don't get it.

*~*~*~*~*Sending Healthy Vibes Your Way~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~

~Jo Jo:flowerforyou:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Awww.... I hate that i wasn't around more yesterday to send my sympathies earlier. I'm sorry your baby is hurting :cry: I don't have any babies but I can imagine it's hard to watch them deal with it and not be able to take it for them. I hope he gets better soon and like I pray for all my friends and their families, I'll say an extra one for y'all (((HUGS))) :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Awwww Ali, you are super Mom!! What a lucky boy to have such a wonderful mother.
    I hope he feels better today.
    More hugs and prayers coming your way!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Awwwwwww....poor baby:brokenheart: :cry: I don't know how I missed this thread yesterday. Busy busy at work. I'm so sorry your baby's not feeling well. :flowerforyou: He's so lucky to have a mommy like you. :flowerforyou: :heart: I'll pray he feels better soon :flowerforyou: ......and ummmm that your back feels better and headache goes away :wink: Grandmas are always good for sick kids too...He's in good hands I'm sure :wink:

:heart: and {hugs} for you and the little one...:flowerforyou: