Insanity

Options
Okay so I'm now in the second week of the Insanity workout. Just wondered if anyone on MFP had completed the 60 day challenge or was currently doing it??
Any success stories?

Replies

• basiabroker
    basiabroker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5...recovery week. I've lost almost 9lbs and TONS of inches. Over 4 inches on my waist alone. I also replaced my dinner with shakeology and try to follow the Insanity meal plan as close as I can. I am hoping for even bigger results in month 2.
  • danfiveoh
    danfiveoh Posts: 23
    Options
    Okay so I'm now in the second week of the Insanity workout. Just wondered if anyone on MFP had completed the 60 day challenge or was currently doing it??
    Any success stories?

I'm just about to finish the 6th week, and whilst I haven't lost a huge amount of weight, my chest is bigger and waist smaller. Shoulders, arms and legs much more toned (legs especially, it does wonders for leg muscles) and generally I'm sleeping better and feeling way more healthy than ever before.

Couldn't recommend it more, but it does take some commitment in regards to time, especially in month 2 where you're looking at an hour workout + shower time 6 nights or mornings a week. Get past that and stick to it and you won't regret it!
  • Flyingfree83
    Flyingfree83 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sounds fantastic!! I have my fit test on Monday so shall see if it's working. I am really enjoying it so far though. :smile:
  • jasonctyler
    Options
    I've completed it twice now. In total, during those 4 months (5 really as I took a month off inbetween) I lost 7 1/2 inches on my waist and right around 56lb. I didn't use their diet plan, I used IIFYM with a 25% deficit... mostly because I'm lactose intolerant and a LOT of their menu was dairy.
  • anna579009
    Options
    I finished it, lost over 20 pounds and 2 dress sizes. I have before and after photos but I don't wanna publicly post. Stick to it, eat right and you'll definitely get some amazing results!!
  • therocpile
    therocpile Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 1st round and i'm 4 days into my 2nd round. I have to take a break from it though until i get better, i have the flu really bad :(

I went from 210ish lbs to 184 lbs and lost a ton of inches off my waist. I'll be doing a 3rd round, i love it. My cardio endurance is through the roof.

Month 2 is when it gets really tough, he is gonna pop it to you real quick but just be dedicated and DIG DEEP!!!!!

I recommend the pre-workout supplement energy and endurance, it helped me A LOT!!!!
  • fancyface1955
    fancyface1955 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I did 2 rounds (4 months) and lost 12 pounds. not many inches, but I was happy to finally get into my "goal" jeans. I'm currently doing the 30 day shred and I continue to choose 2 insanity workouts a week just to keep up with it. I finally hit my goal weight and past it. :-)
  • flashfangirl_102
    flashfangirl_102 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to ease into it? I am still really sore and I did it 2 days ago. Maybe I went too hard?
  • jasonctyler
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to ease into it? I am still really sore and I did it 2 days ago. Maybe I went too hard?

Get a heart rate monitor, and use it. Try to stay in the 150 - 185 bpm range (unless you have a heart condition or suspect you might, then talk to your physician and find out his recomendations.) Don't just stop moving though if your HRM reads more, instead walk around and sip some water checking every 20-30 seconds or so till you're back in an aerobic range (~ 150 bpm).

Don't worry if you have to modify some of the moves to what you're more capable of, it's all about getting your heart in a target range and keeping it there. Or in Insanity's case... 3 minutes anaerobic exercise (~ 185 bpm), 30 second break to get back down into an aerobic range (~ 150bpm). That type of training (HIIT) has an anabolic effect building strength.

When you're out of shape you might take longer than 30 seconds to recover to an aerobic state, likewise you might reach or surpass a safe anaerobic state in shorter than 3 minutes.

I personally couldn't effectively do Insanity till I got a heart rate monitor and learned how to use it.
  • Flyingfree83
    Flyingfree83 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I was sore for a week. Everyday hurt. I was really worried this was how I was going to feel the whole way through but now I feel fantastic after every workout. It's the pure cardio that kills me. But I am carrying on for longer without stopping. Little bit scared about month 2 but what the hell. If I get the results I want it'll b worth it.
  • basiabroker
    Options

Your are supposed to be sore and you are supposed to keep doing the workouts daily...despite the soreness. The soreness will go away for the most part in the second week.
  • basiabroker
    Options
    I was sore for a week. Everyday hurt. I was really worried this was how I was going to feel the whole way through but now I feel fantastic after every workout. It's the pure cardio that kills me. But I am carrying on for longer without stopping. Little bit scared about month 2 but what the hell. If I get the results I want it'll b worth it.

I haaaaated Pure Cardio day. But I love my results so far. :)
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options

You have to use protein powder to recovery, take it after training is fabulous!
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm a week into month 2 of insanity and I love/hate it, haha. Tomorrow is my rest day, thankfully, because month 2 is really giving my knees and ankles a beating.

I haven't lost weight on the program, which is ok, because I only wanted to lose fat and tone up. My BF% definitely went down, and I lost some inches, but not any weight.

But I can definitely see and feel an improvement in my body and my cardio endurance has increased so much!

Stick with it, even though it's tough (physically AND mentally), it's worth it imo. :)
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options

I haaaaated Pure Cardio day. But I love my results so far. :)

wait til you do Max Cardio Circuit for the first time...I literally broke down and cried at the end, partly because of complete exhaustion and exhultation I made it through.