Hardest thing to give up or cut back on....?

Options

Replies

• DreamingOfSize10_UK
    Options
    Wine at dinner time for sure. Will stlil have it, but will have to cut down a bit!!!

Also, I don't miss the following foods because I know they are just a big no-no, but I absolutely love ice cream, crisps, pastries, chips, cheese, chocolate, pasta portions the size of a bin lid. Ok I'm thinking about food wayyyy too much, think it's time for a dry cracker!!!!
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    chocolate for me x
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Chocolate or bread, no question! Seeing people chow down on bagels or chocolate bars every day in lunch KILLS me! And ohmygod, don't even get me started on Nutella sandwiches :)

nutella on ryvita crackerbread is soooo nice
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    Cookies...especially if they are homemade
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Steak Fries...Chipotle...Cookies... ;-(
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    serving sizes.. especially on pasta and rices! or that extra slice of pizza. :love:
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. We would have it 4-5 nights per week. No wonder I am fat. :P
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Kraft Dinner & beer (I am Canadian!) I could have both every single day.

I'm trying not to completely deprieve myself or I won't last. So I have my little piece of chocolate at the end of my work day every day (best 30 calories EVER!) and I'll have a few fries (baked at home), and I'll have a nibble of cheese, and even the odd chocolate almond (my favourite sweet), but I won't sit down and eat the entire bag like I used to do. I find with chips (although I'm LOVING Tostitos more now), just those few chips (I had 10 with dinner last night) is enough to sate the craving. You don't need to eat out of the bag while Grey's Anatomy is on! I really appreciate the taste of food more.

When the weather gets nicer, I'll have to find some good ice cream to have a half cup of every now and then.
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    Pizza and ice cream. So easy for me to overdo it with these two items... :(
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    CHIPS! CANDY! Especially SNICKERS mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

But the hardest thing for me has been no eating at night. I am trying to not eat at night and its very challenging.
  • ediegram
    Options
    Alcohol for me as well! My nutrition is pretty good and work outs 100%!
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Wine every evening
    Chocolate
    Bread
    Cakes
    Rich desserts
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and vodka. Even worse chocolate vodka. Great now I want them both :laugh:
  • nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    1. social drinking (beer, wine, those great tasting fruity drinks that are a million calories each)
    2. chocolate - I could eat an entire bag of Dove chocolates if I let myself
    3. Going out to eat and not ordering a bacon cheeseburger and french fries with ranch
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    I thought alcohol was going to be tough to give up but it was actually pretty easy for me. I got tired of waking up hungover and feeling the need to shove greasy food down my throat.

For me, diet soda is the toughest thing to quit. I just can't do it. I don't say can't often. I gave up a 10 year chewing tobacco habit in one day with no relapses, but I can't seem to drop diet soda.
  • AleciaMarie21
    Options
    Subway *sniff* I'm so addicted to Subway.
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Pizza!! Those deliciously small slices pack soo many calories. And meat.. Im definitely a steak and potatoes kind of girl.
  • want2nyc
    Options
    bread and sweets of any kind esp. chocolate.. I'm still struggling with it hnng =(
  • ecicogna
    ecicogna Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I grew up in the northeast where bakeries are on every corner so Im a fein for good bread but now im down south so the temptation is gone so it has certainly helped. Being deployed and only being able to eat whats offered makes a difference on your diet :)
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    diet coke and chocolate