Why did you stay in on this Friday night?

Options

Replies

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Because my hubby is planted on the couch watching football, and I wanted to work out. Tomorrow night is fun night (I hope).
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Because we're broke until hubby starts his new job in September.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Because I'm trying to get you to love me
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Because I have nothing else to do...
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Because...kids. That's why. Almost every Friday for the previous 4 years.

This, except 6 years...

We used to go out every Friday night... now apparently the effort of finding a babysitter and planning anything fun is not worth the effort. So there's a lot of snacking and netflix... I went slightly crazy a couple years ago from the monotony, and then slid silently into apathy and here I am. pass the chips.
  • crikey_katie
    crikey_katie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I work overnight and my job is extremely boring lol >.<
  • quarkenstein
    quarkenstein Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Working on my startup website, food blog, and fitness wearable project. With South Park on in the background. And puppy cuddling with me. I'm having a great time :)
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Because last night, my babysitting gig ran 6 hours over (I kid you not, the parents showed up at 3:40am when they'd told me 9pm) and so I only got two hours of sleep before I had to get up for work... where I chased after hyperactive 5 year olds all day. My supervising teacher gave them balloons. I have C-PTSD and can't do sudden sounds like popping... which is what happens when 5 year olds are given balloons. The cherry on the top of the crap cake was when one of my most rambunctious children kicked me twice in the stomach.

In other words, I'm dead tired, stressed, and if I went out tonight I'd probably end up hurting someone or myself.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Because of my bed and comfy clothes. I am due very soon, at this point there is nothing better than the two of those combined.
  • rebeccaisafish
    rebeccaisafish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a mother. I almost always stay in
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Because by the time I got out of work (quarter past six), went and visted my mum in the hospital (visiting hours finished at 8), and then got home, my little introvert self was too tired to go anywhere else.

Plus, Friday nights are my special time to flop and relax and stick on a disney movie or watch football and then sleep as long as I physically can. The centre of the city here is a bad place to be on Friday nights anyway.
  • rebeccaisafish
    rebeccaisafish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Because last night, my babysitting gig ran 6 hours over (I kid you not, the parents showed up at 3:40am when they'd told me 9pm) and so I only got two hours of sleep before I had to get up for work... where I chased after hyperactive 5 year olds all day. My supervising teacher gave them balloons. I have C-PTSD and can't do sudden sounds like popping... which is what happens when 5 year olds are given balloons. The cherry on the top of the crap cake was when one of my most rambunctious children kicked me twice in the stomach.

In other words, I'm dead tired, stressed, and if I went out tonight I'd probably end up hurting someone or myself.

Did you rage at them? I would've been pissed. Did they at least pay you extra well?
  • NotJustADieter
    Options
    Because of my bed and comfy clothes. I am due very soon, at this point there is nothing better than the two of those combined.

Congrats!!!!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Because I went out last night and I am trying to save some sort of money.
  • NotJustADieter
    Options

Did you rage at them? I would've been pissed. Did they at least pay you extra well?

I would have, but they came home drunk and so I was more concerned about getting home safely (no car and they were supposed to drop me off after I watched the kids). Got my normal pay :/ I'm not going to work for them again, which is a real shame because I love their kids, but that was one of the worst experiences I've had babysitting.
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Because the hubby and I spent the evening helping the 4 year old work on learning how to ride his bike without training wheels. Cutest date ever :):heart:
  • kissmeplease305
    Options
    Cheaper to drink at home :laugh:
  • blushpeonies
    blushpeonies Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    because i have no friends? BAHAHAHAHA!
    and i work in the AM?? meh.