Help with downward spiral

Options
Goal179
Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
Hi MFP

Can anyone help with advice on how to stop a downward spiral? It seems like my appetite has been out of control since I came back from vacation one month ago. No matter how I try, I can't stop eating, can't stop craving sweets and don't want to exercise. I am going through a phenominal time in my life right now. I have achieved some extraordinary long term goals and I am super proud of myself. BUt my inability to control my weight is sucking the joy out of my accomplishments. Can anyone give me advice, tips on how to force myself to get back on track? I just don't know what to do. I just want to eat, eat, eat and eat some more. I always feel hungry and i am about 1000-1500 calories over my goal everyday. I am still motivated. I still log everyday. I still watch my fitbit to get all of my steps in. I take the steps instead of the elevator, park as far from the entrance as possible, dance with my kids, do my morning strength training...anything to get extra movement. BUT that is just not enough to get the weight off. Can anyone help?

Replies

• lookpregbutnot
    lookpregbutnot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    go shopping and try on clothes...put on the size you used to be and your new size, then get a visual of a smaller size...and don't get a pretzel at the mall when you go. Hope you get thru this setback and get on track quickly....look at your food and get rid of stuff that you see you gravitate to when you're not at your best emotionally.

Cut up veggies, like red peppers, carrots, etc and keep them chilled in frig. Start TOMORROW to not have to write those extra calories...It's a new day, you can do it!
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Drink more water. I often find that I confuse being thirsty for being hungry.

When you're hungry, drink a big glass of water. Wait 10-15 minutes.

If you're still hungry, try a peach or nectarine or small apple. Wait a few minutes.

If you're still hungry, have another and/or some vegetables.

It's hard to overeat vegetables and fruits because the fiber helps us feel more full.

Definitely agreeing with the keeping easy to eat, already cut up fruits and veggies in the fridge. I often will take snack sized bags and fill them up with a mix of carrots, celery, bell peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, etc. for a grab and go snack.