A Fresh Start

Options
Hi! I am actually excited to start my fitness journey. I have been on the binging cycle or the restricting cycle, in the last. I just recently came off the binging cycle, and I am over it. Starting Sunday I am beginning my bodybuilding routine from the website bodybuilding.com. I am nervous, but excited. In 84 days, I want to drop 5-10 lbs. hopefully, I can do this :)

I have a fitbit which I am excited to use. I really want to know how many calories to eat per day and how much I should workout. My plan on the website listed above is about an hour five times a week.

What are your tips, tricks, opinions, etc. that you have learned or discoverd since becoming a member of my fitness pal?
Also, I would love some friends ;)

Replies

• rjain6
    rjain6 Posts: 3
    Options
    Today is a fresh start for me too. However, I have been through cycles of losing weight by eating healthy and exercising, and then gaining it all back and some more. Myfitnesspal is a great help and helped immensely when I lost 20 odd pounds last time. But then I have gained 25 back in the last several months.

An advice for myself and for you is to to resolve to make it a habit and record diet and exercise - whether good or bad - regularly. Consistency is the key. Also having online friends and being in a community might help - something I have not done so far. Might gain some new recipes, inspiration and be forced not to give up easily and help others in the same way.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    The biggest lesson to learn is patience. It won't happen in a month. It won't happen in 84 days either (especially is you only have 10 pounds to lose). You're not going to lose almost a pound a week when you're that close to your goal.

How much to eat? Figure out your TDEE... subtract 250 calories (or up to 20%)... eat that much. Don't subtract exercise calories unless you're overdoing it (hours each day).
  • oblair
    oblair Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    5 to 10 in 84 days?
  • Transforming_me
    Options
    Yes, is my goal unreasonable to lose 10 lbs in 84 days? I am new to this, so I don't really know.
  • sungvars
    sungvars Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit too. Love it. Am starting my low carb journey. What kind of program are you going to follow?
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi, 5-10 in 84 days should be totally doable. I've lost 70 by giving up sugar and flour products. It isn't hard to do if you put your mind to it and are willing to try things you aren't familiar with. Example: I love pizza so now make it by using slices of zucchini as the crust.
    Good luck, Patty
  • Transforming_me
    Options
    Great, thank you for the tips. :) My plan is to eat at a small deficit... apparently because my goal is so small amd I am smaller, I should? I am trying to lose .5 lbs a week.