Looking for friends doing Dr. Diet by Travis Stork MD

Options
I just started this diet, hopefully life style change today. Would love to share information tips support with someone.

Replies

• martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I totally trust a diet where I have to buy the book in order to learn what it is all about. Google search wasn't very helpful, only sources where I could buy the book.

The things wrong with this diet-

1. It has a name
    2. Costs money to learn how to do it.

That's all I need to know not to waste my time.

You can lose weight by eating at a calorie deficit and to make sure your body is getting the adequate nutrients you can also track your macro and micro nutrients.
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I totally trust a diet where I have to buy the book in order to learn what it is all about. Google search wasn't very helpful, only sources where I could buy the book.

1. It has a name

You can lose weight by eating at a calorie deficit and to make sure your body is getting the adequate nutrients you can also track your macro and micro nutrients.

Why are you acting like OP is trying to convince you to do the diet too? Pretty sure that wasn't the point of the post... Calm down.
  • geekishgirl
    geekishgirl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is a little riled up from the posts that have been going on in the last couple of days... "5 bite diet", "So you want to drop fat and lose weight rapidly", etc. I feel bad for anyone that posts something like this today because everyone is so on guard for more garbage.

Good luck with what you're trying OP. I hope you find some friends that can relate. :smile:
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options

1. It has a name

Why are you acting like OP is trying to convince you to do the diet too? Pretty sure that wasn't the point of the post... Calm down.

I'm just showing that I'm skeptical about this diet, in no way am I not calm or afraid that I'll be tricked into buying someone's book.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Okay, I looked this one up, too. It has a seemingly reasonable set of recommendations which lead you to a healthy diet similar to the "Healthy Eating Plate." Where you can get the same information for free: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/

It, like so many others, has a first week plan that is very low calorie to get you sold that his ideas are THE best. It looks remarkably similar to the Weight Watchers diet of the early 70s in its specificity. I can't find whether this diet makes any allowances for your starting weight, gender, etc. It seems to put everybody on the same regimen resulting in what may be too low calorie for some to stick to without serious discomfort.

If you simply cannot do this on your own and feel the need for a book with specific instructions, this is probably among the better ones.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming common sense really doesn't exist any more.
  • tooiyoake
    tooiyoake Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know this post is a tad old, but...what's with all of the *kitten* responding? Holy heck. Calm down. I have the book. Very reasonable diet, very good information in it. I support this! I'll be restarting this again tomorrow. This book delivers are very common sense formula to eating well. I write "formula" because it's very easy to fill in your own foods and whatnot to create a healthy eating plan...The latter phase of the diet is sustainable, so I wouldn't put it into a category with "fad" diets, like some of you guys appear to be suggesting. Some people need a more structured way of eating and paying attention to their health in the beginning. I do.