Homemade Nutella (all Natural)

Options

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    By the way - someone asked about calories for mine vs calories for the store-brand. Mine came out to 82 cal/Tbsp, but I think next time I'll use a little less oil and sugar (now that I know what type of oil seems to work best), so it should be a little less. Store-brand Nutella is 95 cals/Tbsp. Not a huge difference, but I feel like it's not always about calorie count - quality is just as important as quantity, and my home-made spread is much higher calorie quality than the store-brought spread. :smile:
  • kmparks24
    Options
    OMG BUMP BUMP BUMP!
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My god..this sounds so good...I have to try it!...Bump!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe but I will not be making this again. I think it's more addictive than natural peanut butter for me :P Absolutely smashed a stupid amount the other day. At least it was "natural" :P
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe but I will not be making this again. I think it's more addictive than natural peanut butter for me :P Absolutely smashed a stupid amount the other day. At least it was "natural" :P

Ah, thanks for being my guinea pig. . .that was exactly why I've hesitated making this. :wink:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    haha, no problem. I enjoyed it immensely :P
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options

Ah, thanks for being my guinea pig. . .that was exactly why I've hesitated making this. :wink:

For another perspective - I really enjoyed the batch I made and it lasted about 2 weeks (however long it's been). (And I wasn't the only one eating it!) There were a few days I ate a little more of it than I should have, but overall I'm learning to control my impulse eating and planning out my food ahead of time, so I did a good job of making it last and eating it in moderation. It's great to spread on crackers/bagels/bananas - whatever.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Oh YUM...sounds so good. I just threw out my Nutella too because it had been sitting in the cupboard for over 2 years and I didn't want to chance it...haha.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

For another perspective - I really enjoyed the batch I made and it lasted about 2 weeks (however long it's been). (And I wasn't the only one eating it!) There were a few days I ate a little more of it than I should have, but overall I'm learning to control my impulse eating and planning out my food ahead of time, so I did a good job of making it last and eating it in moderation. It's great to spread on crackers/bagels/bananas - whatever.

I'll probably make some...but I might cut the batch in half...I can control myself with peanut butter, hazelnut butter, etc...so I might be just fine.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    bumping for later!
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • natural8016
    Options
  • dogdaze
    dogdaze Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I love Nutella and the commercial wholefood versions are horribly expensive (and I thought very disappointing). Thanks to all for giving us good starter recipes and helpful comments!!
  • charmed2570
    Options
    OMG, I love Jillian, she really get me going when she says that, and stop whining do u want to be skinny, shutup and do the wrkout,(well something like that). Have a great day!
  • patti1007
    patti1007 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    save
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Mmm... made this again tonight and it turned out even better.

Here's my "final" recipe (after tweaking/experimenting a bit):

2 cups hazelnuts, toasted & skins removed as much as possible
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
    3 Tbsp honey
    1 Tbsp almond oil
    3 Tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
    pinch or two of salt
    1/4 cup of water
    2 tsp vanilla extract

I made sure and chopped the nuts up in the food process FIRST before adding any other ingredients, and it definitely helped make it smoother. (The 1st time I threw everything in the food processor together, included the whole nuts - the nuts had trouble chopping up small enough because of it.)

If you like it sweeter, you can add more honey, but I like this type of spread on the less-sweet end, personally.

Nutrition Info:
    Per Tablespoon (makes approx. 32 servings): 77 calories, 4g carbs, 2g protein, 7g fat, 41mg sodium, 2g sugar
  • djoiszle
    Options
    I love you for posting this.

You're the best!!!
  • SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump thanks!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for this!