Plexus Slim

Options

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    They are no longer Prohibited in Canada or Australia, due to new formula.
    I am not promoting it or selling it.
    It's not a medical pill.

Just because you're not selling it doesn't make it not an MLM product. As of Feb of this year, certain Plexus products are still prohibited in Canada. (http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2014/37721a-eng.php). It is not a medical pill. It is considered a non-medical supplement. A medical supplement is, for example, your doctor prescribing you vitamin D for a deficiency.

From the Plexus website: Warnings: Plexus Worldwide, Inc. products are not intended for expectant or nursing mothers. If you have a heart condition, high blood pressure or any other cardiovascular condition, please consult with a physician before taking this product. Not intended for children under the age of 18. Avoid taking Plexus Worldwide, Inc. products with cold medicines containing pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, PPA, or products containing high amounts of caffeine. Before starting this or any other supplementation, consult a physician first. If unpleasant effects occur, discontinue use.

It is also not evaluated, regulated, or tested by the FDA, which is terrifying, given that it has interactions with decongestants (pseudoephedrine, PPA) and blood pressure medicine.
  • hppyashr
    hppyashr Posts: 4
    Options
    WOW. i'm not sure why i am even continuing this with you....

there are hundreds of prescription pills that are FDA approved with side affect that may cause, "suicide, suicidal thoughts, heart attacks, stroke, eve death, etc." but an an natural product... NOW, THAT'S CROSSING THE LINE!!
    Vitamin C is not FDA approved.
    So that seems a little irrelevant at this point.

If you don't like it... that's your opinion.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest rules they tell you is to stay off the scales, and measure. I had lost 12 inches but only 1 pound. Since It's aids in burning fat and not muscle. Water consumption is key as well. I love this stuff. It's helped wit my dizzy spells, and has even help my hair grow back after postpartum hair loss.
    Unfortunately there really isn't a pill that burns fat. That's what they want you to believe. EVERY thermogenic has a stimulant in it and stimulants, whether mild or strong, raise heart rate or adrenaline, giving the feeling of "energy". If one can't get that without it, then how does one expect to have it when they get off it?
    Being in the industry for years, I've seen so many supplement companies make claims that aren't supported by science. Of course supplement companies aren't regulated unless the product is responsible for a death or illness, so they can practically claim anything they want. BUT, I've NEVER seen a supplement work for weight loss without a calorie deficit. And that no one has to pay for. They just have to learn how to eat less than they do now. And that's more a habitual thing than needing an aid to learn it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • marlajo749
    Options
    I was thinking of joining plexus
  • mandywillingham
    mandywillingham Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not everything works for everyone. Trust me, I have tried many diets and supplements that have not worked for me. I have exercised and eaten healthy only to a discouraging few pound loss and then plateaued, etc. Plexus Slim is working for me. I have always had a weakness for sweets and junk to the point of being depressed seeing my husband and kids eat cookies and candy and such while I sit with my fruit and tried to pretend it made me happy. I have only been taking Plexus Slim (and the Accelerator) for 4 weeks. I have lost 6 pounds and 12 inches (5 from my waist). I was a sceptic, but the energy it has given me is what I am the most happy with. I don't fight to stay awake at my desk after 2pm anymore, I go home and clean, cook, exercise and still have energy left. My blood pressure is actually down (I am 36 and have been taking meds for a year) and my Doctor looked at the ingredients and said "go for it". It was a gradual change that I noticed over the first couple of weeks that really hit me the night my family wanted Popeye's (one of my favorites) and the thought of it just made me want to be sick. I am sure some people will bash what I am saying, but I don't care. I am a product of the product, and I still have a long way to go but I am happy on my journey and isn't that what lasting weight loss is really about. :smile:
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I am having awesome results! I have lost 20 pounds. I went from a size 12 to a 6. Better yet, I have severe hypoglycemia and have not had any problems with it since I started. I think it may not work for some and I also think some may use it thinking they can eat whatever they want with it, which isn't the case.

LOL, brilliant first post.....
  • johertel
    johertel Posts: 1
    Options
    My profile pic shows that Plexus works! I had tried just about every diet out there - had struggled with weight since I was a kid. I didn't lose it fast, but I've lost it!
  • plexusmommaof2
    Options
    If you were using thr accelerator with it, most people do gain weight in the beginning because it boosts their metabolism and it takes about 3 full weeks for the 5-htp to take effect which helps suppress the appetite. But that's usually the cause...also many people gain the first week as well due to thr extra water intake.
  • Cookecook
    Cookecook Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been on Plexus Slim and the Bio Cleanse for about 3 weeks and have lost about 2 lbs. However, my clothes fit looser and I am eliminating waste more regularly.
    Also, to those who said they have food cravings more, it's because you are burning fat so you are naturally going to be hungry and if you could just work through those cravings, you would start shedding the lbs. Drink a lot more water and see if that doesn't work.
    Otherwise...move on. Using My fitness pal and counting calories has helped my husband lose 35 lbs since Sept 2013 and for me to lose 15 lbs. I started at 139 and I'm now 124 and in a size 6. I only work out 2-3 times a week and take in 1200 calories a day. And did I mention that I'm 3 weeks away from turning 64?
  • calcov9777
    Options
    I tried plexus slim for seven days and in the beginning it worked really good for me. It made me feel better and took the bloating away. Then i ran out and had a friend give me fifteen more packets. I was out for one day, but when i started it again it just didn't do the same thing. At the end of the packets I just went back to feeling tired, bloated, moody, and hungry. I don't want to depend on a product for it to make me feel that way if i run out again. BUT,
    If you really would like to lose weight and make a lifestyle change not a diet then look into travis martins thrive weight loss. Also known as shibboleth. You can also use fitness pal to coordinate with this to keep up with your calorie count. You do not have to exercise but you can and adjust this to work with the plan. It does work with regular foods, restaurants, or products. They will also do free grocery store tours to teach you what to look for when buying food.
  • sklema
    sklema Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When you stopped Plexus did you get bloated? I stopped it after being on it for 3 months and I have been so bloated for 2 weeks now.
  • hgrenier
    hgrenier Posts: 1
    Options
    I spent over a decade going from doctor to doctor trying to figure out what was wrong with me. They never helped, they only told me I was depressed and threw antidepressants at me. In 2012 I finally found a great doctor who finally took the time to listen to me and ran many tests and discovered I had PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Elevated Liver Enzymes. Later that year I also had a sleep study done and discovered I had sleep apnea. A friend of mine who had been diagnosed with PCOS and Endometriosis when we were both in high school (20+ years ago) shared that she was having amazing results with her health issues using Plexus. I decided to give it a try, and within 3 weeks I overheard my husband tell his buddy on the phone that it was like he'd gotten a new wife. My moods were greatly improved, brain fog gone - felt like I had my first clear thoughts in a decade, my elevated liver enzymes normalized, my excessively low progesterone levels became normal, my periods started normalizing for the first time since high school (after 3 months), my hair stopped falling out, I no longer had sleep apnea, my energy levels were normal again, no more insomnia... It's been fantastic for me. I'm not saying it works for everyone, but for me it really has been life changing.
  • Twinsto130
    Twinsto130 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome story CokeCook! I started taking the biocleanse and the probio5 and have finally gotten into regular elimination schedules. Plexus is very much slow and steady and the blood sugar stabilization is amazing! Congrats on your journey. I am so excited about the products I now sell them and I am a RN and wholistic health approach as well.
  • madisontrahan93
    Options
    My mother in law swore by it and gave me a months supply as a pre wedding gift. Since it was free I thought why not? After one week of Plexus, including strenuous exercise and a low carb/high protein diet, I gained three pounds. I wanted fried foods and cheesecake. And I kept gaining until I got off. She swore it was because I was just "leveling out" or whatever. I got off of it and went to the doctor. He gave me a calorie and eating plan and I lost five pounds in a week. But I was also having some thyroid issues. So if you're working your butt off and nothing is happening, see your doctor. I hope it works for whoever tries it!
  • madisontrahan93
    Options
    But also know that regardless of any supplements or fads you take, your body still wants clean fuel. You can be thin and at the same time not be getting what you need for a healthy heart, brain, blood circulation, etc.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My profile pic shows that Plexus works! I had tried just about every diet out there - had struggled with weight since I was a kid. I didn't lose it fast, but I've lost it!

Strong 1st post....are you an "Ambassador"?
  • bloomingbug
    Options
    I have read through all these posts about Plexus and I'm finally posting.
    I heard about Plexus from a friend about a year ago. She had lost some weight so I decided to give it a try. I saw no improvement in my weight after 2 months and I called my friend and she talked me into taking the probio5 and biocleanse. I was nursing at the time so my regimen was Slim and the probio5 and biocleanse. She promised me that it works and to keep with it.
    I saw an improvement with my anxiety and my eczema but still no weight loss. I wanted to give up but she told me to keep with it and I trusted her.
    THEN, after 6 months of being on the products I started losing weight! I lost 35 lbs in 3 months!!!!

So for all of you out there who says it doesn't work. You didn't take it long enough. My body needed to balance and for me, this took longer than it has for other people and I am perfectly fine with that.

I feel 100% better and I actually feel healthy now. I have the energy to workout now whereas before Plexus, I didn't. My taste for food has changed for the better now too. I actually WANT to eat more healthy.

So my advice is to get back on it and STICK WITH IT. It WORKS you just need to give your body time to balance from the inside out!
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I have read through all these posts about Plexus and I'm finally posting.
    I heard about Plexus from a friend about a year ago. She had lost some weight so I decided to give it a try. I saw no improvement in my weight after 2 months and I called my friend and she talked me into taking the probio5 and biocleanse. I was nursing at the time so my regimen was Slim and the probio5 and biocleanse. She promised me that it works and to keep with it.
    I saw an improvement with my anxiety and my eczema but still no weight loss. I wanted to give up but she told me to keep with it and I trusted her.
    THEN, after 6 months of being on the products I started losing weight! I lost 35 lbs in 3 months!!!!

So for all of you out there who says it doesn't work. You didn't take it long enough. My body needed to balance and for me, this took longer than it has for other people and I am perfectly fine with that.

I feel 100% better and I actually feel healthy now. I have the energy to workout now whereas before Plexus, I didn't. My taste for food has changed for the better now too. I actually WANT to eat more healthy.

So my advice is to get back on it and STICK WITH IT. It WORKS you just need to give your body time to balance from the inside out!
    Strong first post.
  • cindymarie5036459
    Options
    It works!!!!!!!!! I started with the 3 day trial and in 7 hours i seen results. Tighter belly and it was less hanging. I just had a baby 2 months ago. I was going on vacation a week before I started. I lost 10lb in that week with just the 3 day trial. I took it one day and the next i would just drink lots of water. It worked for me. Look at my profile picture. that's me in just one week i lost 10lb!!!!!!!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone that says it's a waste of money; I've known people that have used it and DID get results but you know what happened after? They gained all that weight (and more) back!

Maybe a lifestyle eating overhaul is required? Not only will you be eating healthier and be able to maintain it, but you will also have that education behind it rather than just a drink....