What is the best concert you' ve been to?

Options

Replies

• NewGirlThatsMe
    NewGirlThatsMe Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Dropkick Murphy's.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Camp Lo in Brooklyn, NY
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    1994. Pink Floyd, Soldier Field, Chicago.Laser light show during a thunderstorm was extra trippy when the raindrops passed through them. It was a truly incredible experience.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    The one I was at last night for my birthday was pretty awesome... front row for Queens of the Stone at Merriweather Post Pavilion. Still rocking out hard at 35. :)

I have been to so many concerts, I don't know if I could pick a favorite....but I will always remember the first time I took a road trip out of town for a show...It was Year of the Rabbit (the frontman from Failure, they were opening for some other band I can't even remember the name of now LOL) at Alley Katz in RIchmond, The club is called Kingdom now. I was just so in awe and wonder that entire night, the excitement of my first show had me hooked for life.

Every time I've seen Greg Dulli play in any of his bands has been amazing. Can't wait to see the Afghan Whigs soon! Oh yeah, and the night I got to meet him and the rest of the Twilight Singers was pretty epic. ;)
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Depends - type of music, type of venue, etc. Rodger Waters The Wall was awesome. But the moe.cruise I went on was equally awesome
  • kkramey1970
    kkramey1970 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    They are all good to me but I saw Creed when they first came out with My Own Prison and having never heard of them I was blown away. Velvet Revolver was awesome too but mostly because it was such a small venue. Not sure I've ever seen a bad concert :)
  • pankrazzle
    pankrazzle Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well I just saw Bad Religion last night in Costa Mesa, and they kicked MAJOR *kitten*! One of my favorite bands. But the best show I have ever been to was TOOL, Long Beach Arena, final stop on the US leg of the Lateralus tour. Minds were blown, euphoria was induced to extreme levels, and I get the shivers thinking about how awesome that show was.
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I went to Warped Tour on Thursday...does that count?
  • pankrazzle
    pankrazzle Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It counts if it was the best concert you ever went to, yes. who played?
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options

I watched Crown the Empire, The Devil Wears Prada, We The Kings, Yellowcard, Bowling For Soup, and Of Mice and Men. And it was the best show EVER. I'm going to make it a yearly thing now.
  • fatcity66
    Options
    Radiohead.

Nothing will ever touch it.

You are the only person on this thread I envy. :mad:
  • fatcity66
    Options
    The one I was at last night for my birthday was pretty awesome... front row for Queens of the Stone at Merriweather Post Pavilion. Still rocking out hard at 35. :)

I have been to so many concerts, I don't know if I could pick a favorite....but I will always remember the first time I took a road trip out of town for a show...It was Year of the Rabbit (the frontman from Failure, they were opening for some other band I can't even remember the name of now LOL) at Alley Katz in RIchmond, The club is called Kingdom now. I was just so in awe and wonder that entire night, the excitement of my first show had me hooked for life.

Every time I've seen Greg Dulli play in any of his bands has been amazing. Can't wait to see the Afghan Whigs soon! Oh yeah, and the night I got to meet him and the rest of the Twilight Singers was pretty epic. ;)

I remember now, the name of the band was Thursday. LOL
  • infinitevast
    infinitevast Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Nine inch Nails
  • kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    The Greatful Dead @ Alpine Valley in WI 1984
  • lovecomputers
    Options
    The most awesome concert I attended was a three day concert in the Summer of 1969. Billed as Newport69, it was held in Northridge, California at Devonshire Downs, a horse racing grounds We slept in sleeping bags on a tarp in the dirt. It was pretty insane. Lots of drugs, sex and rock and roll. I have never been to anything else like it.

The list of performing acts:

Friday, June 20, 1969

Ike and Tina Turner, Albert King, Edwin Hawkins Singers, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Joe Cocker, Southwind, Spirit and Taj Mahal.

Saturday, June 21, 1969

Albert Collins, Brenton Wood, Buffy Ste. Marie, Charity, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Eric Burdon and War, Friends of Distinction, Jethro Tull, Lee Michaels, Love, Steppenwolf and Sweetwater.

Sunday, June 22, 1969

Booker T & the MGs, Chambers Brothers, The Flock, The Grass Roots, Johnny Winter, Marvin Gaye, Mother Earth, Jimi Hendrix jam with Buddy Miles, Eric Burdon and Mother Earth, Poco, The Byrds, The Rascals and Three Dog Night.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I saw Eminem in 04 and he had Obie Trice, D12, Dr Dre, 50 Cent and the rest of G-UNIT, that was an amazing experience

I saw GaGa and she is just incredible, I am a big guy but I was a little monster that night!

Ive seen 50 cent for his own show and it was ace, probably my favourite

Kanye West and Jay Z were good too

Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Brian Adams were all good shows that I have seen
  • epazia
    epazia Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Either Queen in the early 80's, Pink Floyd in the mid 90's or Fleetwood Mac 4/20/13
  • kuntry_navySD
    kuntry_navySD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Jamey Johnson, just him, his guitar and someone on the steel guitar, tearing it up with just two people
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options

I watched Crown the Empire, The Devil Wears Prada, We The Kings, Yellowcard, Bowling For Soup, and Of Mice and Men. And it was the best show EVER. I'm going to make it a yearly thing now.

=| are bands hurting that hard for good names? I wonder what's next... Star Wars, Avatar and Gone with the Wind?
  • Twignasty
    Twignasty Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Britney Spears 2×
    I've been a fan since elementary!