I would love your advice :)

i'm thinking about really cutting back on my bread intake. can anyone share some success with this dietary change? i could eat 3 baguettes and a dozen bagels to myself if i really wanted to lol. any fellow bread addicts out there?

Replies

• startheory
    startheory Posts: 63
    I love bread too!!! I could eat a loaf of sourdough in 2 days lol. I started a low carb diet 5 weeks ago (50 grams or less) eliminating breads, pastas etc. and I'm down 6 lbs already! I think the 1st few days were the hardest but it's a lifestyle change.

Oh and for me personally, I felt super bloated and had a lot of stomach issues with eating breads and pastas. Since I've eliminated those foods I feel so much better and never get bloated. Low carb is definitely not for everyone but I love it and how it's making me look and feel :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    You lose weight by eating fewer calories than you burn. Eat as much or as little bread as you like—just meet your calorie goal.

Read the Sexypants post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Me too. I started cutting back about two months ago, I have only lost a few pounds, but the most amazing thing is I no longer crave it. I eat a lot more protein now, but not Atkins extreme. My spouse says his joints feel better when he doesn't eat it.

The first few days were really really really challenging. Instead of complete abstinence I switched to some gluten free products and flatbreads. Nowadays I have about one regular serving of bread per day, and I avoid restaurants where a pile of bread accompanies any order.

Favorite discovery along the way - farro. It is as easy to cook as rice and absorbs flavors beautifully. It is really filling so a bit goes a long way. I like it as a condiment on salad instead of the old way, a pile of pasta with a vegetable on the side.
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    You lose weight by eating fewer calories than you burn. Eat as much or as little bread as you like—just meet your calorie goal.

Read the Sexypants post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

I understand that lol i am not new to this. i was just wondering if people physically felt better from cutting out bread
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Me too. I started cutting back about two months ago, I have only lost a few pounds, but the most amazing thing is I no longer crave it. I eat a lot more protein now, but not Atkins extreme. My spouse says his joints feel better when he doesn't eat it.

The first few days were really really really challenging. Instead of complete abstinence I switched to some gluten free products and flatbreads. Nowadays I have about one regular serving of bread per day, and I avoid restaurants where a pile of bread accompanies any order.

Favorite discovery along the way - farro. It is as easy to cook as rice and absorbs flavors beautifully. It is really filling so a bit goes a long way. I like it as a condiment on salad instead of the old way, a pile of pasta with a vegetable on the side.

that is awesome! i'm worried the cravings wont ever go away but i'm glad to hear that they DO go away lol
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,545 Member
    I can't do low carb-I end up eating my weight in peanut butter and nuts because I'm so darn unsatisfied. However, I do limit my breads because of the calories. I eat a piece of ezekial bread with almond butter most mornings but have pretty much cut out bagels, English muffins and sandwiches on a daily basis. I've added meals and foods that have more protein and keep me satisfied longer. I eat pasta probably once a week and when I go out to dinner I love the bread basket and will order whatever sounds good. Otter words, I have seriously cut back but not eliminated breads/pastas.