Replies

• Thinnest_1
    Options
    Water cause it doesnt have all the chemicals

But then soda tastes good.....
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I drink water, coffee, hot tea, flavored seltzer water (non-sweetened - no artificial or fake sugars). I have tried to cut out soda all together. Haven't had it in 2 weeks. Yay. LOL
  • Shoregirl72
    Shoregirl72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Since I cut out soda the beginning of the year, I actually found that it is way too sweet for me now...but once in a GREAT while I will crave that glass of icy Coke. But I mostly drink water and iced tea!
  • Isabel_129
    Options
    I am a pop addict, but I've recently rediscovered squash!! :bigsmile:
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Water, black tea, black coffee. Soda was the first thing I cut down on when I first started at 245 pounds. Now I don't drink it at all. I used to drink a two liter a day most days. In fact, I was on the intermittent fasting, Obese World of Warcraft Warrior Diet while I was getting fat. Instead of only a little fruit or vegetables during the day, followed by a large, healthy evening feast, I drank a 2 liter of soda during the day, then ate a large, unhealthy evening feast. Can't say my personalized version went so well for me!
  • nicolemviolette
    nicolemviolette Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    For over a year I have had had nothing to drink but water. Except the occasional iced coffee or cappucino, like while I was in the hospital after I had my son. & Sometimes I drink the milk from my cereal bowl. But other than that, nothing but water!! About 8 cups a day.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Why do I have to pick? I drink water, soda, and lots and lots of coffee

As long as its low cal or free I will have it.
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'll second the recommendation for Crystal Light or something similar. There are tons of flavors from iced tea to lemonade and fruit punch. That way you're not drinking the same thing day after day.

You can also add it to carbonated water, so you can satisfy your craving for soda without adding extra calories.

That being said, there's no harm in occasionally indulging in a soda here or there. Just build it into your daily calorie requirement, and no harm, no foul.
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I usually drink filtered water (tap water tastes like bleach round here) but occasionally I'll drink flavoured water, diet Coke or Pepsi Max - usually only when we eat out, I rarely have any in the house; I also drink herbal teas.

I'm not a fan of fizzy pop (soda) because it's too sweet & I can't stand dilute squash because it tastes like plastic to me.

xXx
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Water, no soda in about 18 years.
  • brosdontcuddle
    Options
    Congrats on the WEight loss!! i personally drink water cause i love water, but i do enjoy a Coke Cherry Zero now and then. Always remember that there is a differnce between loosing weight and being healthy. You can loose weight and drink soda and eat junk but you wont get the optimal nutrion your body needs to be truly Healthy. But nothing wrong with a good soda now and then. Good luck on your journey!!!:smile:
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    COFFEE :love:
  • ScatterBrainedSpirit
    ScatterBrainedSpirit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 1400 - 2800 mL of Pepsi a day until September of last year. Now I drink mostly water, coffee, & tea, with the occasional juice or 7Up thrown in.
  • MisspelledMe
    MisspelledMe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I usually drink water, milk, tea, or coffee. I'm allergic to the colorings in most sodas, so when I was stuck with clear ones or expensive ones, I just gave up on soda altogether out of boredom.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have been told, "Don't drink soda, drink water its better for you." So that is why I tried just water to see what the outcome would be. I'm glad I did that experiment.

While water is a pretty ideal hydration method, you gotta be able to live with your eating habits! I also love the carbonation and finds it makes drinks seem more filling and palatable. Over time, I've replaced most of my diet soda drinking with carbonated water. If it's tasty to you, it could be a nice addition to your drinking options. I generally get 12oz cans, as the larger bottles can lose carbonation more quickly. They do sell artificially sweetened versions that are more like a diet soda, as well as unsweetened ones (usually referred to as sparkling water).
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    cold turkey soda on my first day. Cup of decaf in the morning then water till lunch. Then a glass of Ecodrink during lunch then water until after dinner and then a evening cup of decaf before bed. Coffee amounts are sometimes increased during the weekend.
  • mickiebabs
    mickiebabs Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've cut down my diet pepsi intake but I do still drink it. No matter what I drink, diet pepsi or coffee, my next drink is always a bottle of water. I bounce back and forth throughout the day. Sometimes I'll drink 2 or 3 waters in a row but if I drink something other than water, water is always my next one.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink water but I do have 1 maybe 2 glasses of fruit juice a week & half a bottle of white grape and elderflower & half a bottle of red grape spritzer a week. Soda is a rarity for me now rather than an every day or even every week thing. I've found the more water I drink the more I want to drink it (though some days I can easily drink 3 litres of more and some days, like today, I just don't feel thirsty) and I tend to lose more weight when I drink more water.
  • YamaMaya1
    YamaMaya1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    since I stopped having junk food, sweet tasting things seem so much more intense. I drink straight water most days and I don't really mind it, I had a diet cream doda today, and it was like a shock to my system. I actually have a headache now..
  • Lark011
    Lark011 Posts: 7
    Options
    I drink diet coke and water with lemon. I prefer the diet soda, but I try to drink water because it's healthier. I find it much easier to drink water in the summer then during the winter months.