PLEASE HELP! i can't exercise for a week

Options
I can't exercise for a week because I'm out of town. I don't know what to do because I've come so far and eaten well for so long but over the last couple of days I've been eating less and less healthy, (todays dinner for example, i had more than usual and dessert which i haven't done in ages) it wouldn't bother me as much if i could excercise still and work it off but i can't. Will i gain a lot of weight this week not being able to exercise? will i ruin all my hard work? how much will it effect my results and how quickly? if anyone knows the answer to my question it would be much appreciated.

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Why can't you exercise just because you're not home?

If you really cannot exercise (as opposed to choose not to), keep your intake within your net caloric goal. If you go over, odds are you won't do any damage to your diet that cannot be easily overcome in the weeks following.
  • brosdontcuddle
    Options
    Being away from home doesnt keep you frow working out if you dont want it too. Google some simple Home Bodyweight workouts and do them. But definetly keep your Calorie intake low this week. dont let one "bad" week ruin your progress, because there will always be slip ups, thats why its a lifestyle, not a fad. Good luck to you this week!!!!
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Being away from home doesnt keep you frow working out if you dont want it too. Google some simple Home Bodyweight workouts and do them. But definetly keep your Calorie intake low this week. dont let one "bad" week ruin your progress, because there will always be slip ups, thats why its a lifestyle, not a fad. Good luck to you this week!!!!

^^^ This.
  • Connie_Wynne
    Options
    thank you, i generally cant do any cardio, i 100% would if i could. however i will defiantly try the home workouts
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    thank you, i generally cant do any cardio, i 100% would if i could. however i will defiantly try the home workouts

No walking? I love walking around when I'm on vacation. :)
  • Connie_Wynne
    Options
    sadly im not on holiday, although i would be lovely if i was....
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    sadly im not on holiday, although i would be lovely if i was....

Sounds like you've been locked up...
  • 43mmmgoody21
    43mmmgoody21 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    you can sit on the couch all day and still lose weight (or maintain or gain)-- eat at a calorie deficit to continue losing weight. That being said, bodyweight exercises are fun and always available to you.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Try something like Agile 8, yoga, walking, or even just some light stretching. There are plenty of things that you can do from a hotel room or at a family member's house.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Many hotels have a weight room or an agreement with a local gym. Why can't you do cardio? Google is a beautiful thing.
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I remember going to Palm Springs for vacation and waking up and doing an hour of body weight exercises every other day. My friends thought I was crazy, but in reality I was trying to maintain my sanity.

It's also a good idea to make plans to do active things when you are on vacation like swimming at the beach or going bike riding.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    >Will i gain a lot of weight this week not being able to exercise?

No, unless you eat heaps. You can't gain weight unless you eat more than your body uses.
  • grentea
    grentea Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You can walk anywhere. Even if you walk down the street for 10 mins and then walk back. You can always put music on and dance, it might be dorky, but it burns calories. And there is always free videos on youtube. There are several things that you can do without a gym, just get creative.
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I did not one single lick of exercise this week...and lost 1.2 pounds. It's all about what you eat. That said, I know it's not easy, especially if you're traveling for work. Been there, done that. Not diet friendly.

When I went on vacation a couple weeks ago, I figured out how many calories I needed to eat to maintain my current weight and just tried to stay under that. Made me feel like I could still splurge since I was on vacation but now blow everything off track. Might be something to consider.

Good luck! :flowerforyou: