Apple Shaped…..What do I do???

I am the epitome of the apple shape. No booty (well actually starting to grow one now), broad shoulders, a big-round tummy, thin legs and arms. I am about half way on my weight loss journey having lost 31 pounds so far with 36 pounds to go. I am now in about a size 4/6 bottoms and 10 top.

I go to the gym 4-5 times a week which consist of the elliptical for 30–45 minutes (as fast and at the hardest level I can tolerate to burn as many calories as I can) and circuit weight training for another 30-45 minutes. I also try to run 5k, 3 times a week at night. On Saturdays, I have taken up hiking, usually doing about 7-11 miles with challenging climbs. So, more often than not I have been too sore from my hikes to work on legs at the gym during the week. I end up concentrating on cardio, arm, shoulders, back and abs on the circuit. I do 3 sets of 12-15 reps on moderate weight 40-60 lbs depending on the machine. I watch what I eat and keep well within my limits.

So my question is…….I am building muscles in my arms, legs, and shoulders and pretty happy with how they are coming along. But.......my stomach is still as big and round as the day I started!! I know having the apple shape it is more difficult to lose my stomach, but come on!!!!

Anyone have any suggestions for me to get rid of my big, round, ugly tummy?

Replies

• lynzz
    lynzz Posts: 45
    I am the epitome of the apple shape. No booty (well actually starting to grow one now), broad shoulders, a big-round tummy, thin legs and arms. I am about half way on my weight loss journey having lost 31 pounds so far with 36 pounds to go. I am now in about a size 4/6 bottoms and 10 top.

I go to the gym 4-5 times a week which consist of the elliptical for 30–45 minutes (as fast and at the hardest level I can tolerate to burn as many calories as I can) and circuit weight training for another 30-45 minutes. I also try to run 5k, 3 times a week at night. On Saturdays, I have taken up hiking, usually doing about 7-11 miles with challenging climbs. So, more often than not I have been too sore from my hikes to work on legs at the gym during the week. I end up concentrating on cardio, arm, shoulders, back and abs on the circuit. I do 3 sets of 12-15 reps on moderate weight 40-60 lbs depending on the machine. I watch what I eat and keep well within my limits.

So my question is…….I am building muscles in my arms, legs, and shoulders and pretty happy with how they are coming along. But.......my stomach is still as big and round as the day I started!! I know having the apple shape it is more difficult to lose my stomach, but come on!!!!

Anyone have any suggestions for me to get rid of my big, round, ugly tummy?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    keep workin the cardio. There is no way to spot reduce fat. It'll come off the way your body wants it too, but you'll get there. Good job so far. The one thing you CAN do is work your core, so that when the weight does come off, you'll have nice muscle structure under there to show off!
  • I'm impressed with the high amount and intensity of activity you are involved in! keep up the good work!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    It looks like you're doing great w/ the exercise!! You said that you watch what you eat also. That can make a big difference! I know if I eat much processed foods (white flour/ sugars), it seems to go right to the tummy.

Jess