50 lbs lost in 10 weeks!

Options
Just broke through the 50 lb mark this morning, and got it done in just under 10 weeks. (68 days to be exact). While the rate of loss has been somewhat aggressive, I haven't been starving myself at all, and the more weight I lose, the more exercise I do, and the weight just keeps coming off. I did plateau a bit over the last 10 lbs, but I kept at it. Thanks again to MFP. What a great service you provide! Being able to eat normal food makes this painless, and the huge database of food info makes tracking calories and nutrients easy. Your iphone app is great, and I feel motivated about the very long road ahead of me. (Still over 130 lbs to go!) For anyone just starting - keep at it, you're worth it. Thanks to everyone's positive encouragement!

Replies

• Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    3744078.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    WOW! That's fantastic. Congratulations!
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • grim1
    grim1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is great news! I just worked out not to long ago. Still the scale is steady for me. Haven't moved, but after reading your success I am going to hang in there.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    WHOA! You're a machine! Congratulations!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it feel great?! Congrats! Keep it up!
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic! keep up the great work!
  • mjd1980
    mjd1980 Posts: 16
    Options
    Congratulaions that is truly fantastic xx
  • kimberlyrenee
    Options
    Congratulations! You have been my inspiration this morning to get my butt up and exercise :)
  • Hipchick0805
    Hipchick0805 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome, treat yourself to a manicure and/or pedicure. Enjoy!
  • jeepgrl0603
    Options
    That is amazing and you are definately a good example. Keep up the great work! I just joined a gym so hopefully my weight will continue to come off.
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! great job!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    thats amazing! Great job! this further pushes me to add in that exercise!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Just broke through the 50 lb mark this morning, and got it done in just under 10 weeks. (68 days to be exact). While the rate of loss has been somewhat aggressive, I haven't been starving myself at all, and the more weight I lose, the more exercise I do, and the weight just keeps coming off. I did plateau a bit over the last 10 lbs, but I kept at it. Thanks again to MFP. What a great service you provide! Being able to eat normal food makes this painless, and the huge database of food info makes tracking calories and nutrients easy. Your iphone app is great, and I feel motivated about the very long road ahead of me. (Still over 130 lbs to go!) For anyone just starting - keep at it, you're worth it. Thanks to everyone's positive encouragement!

First off, CONGRATS! What a great accomplishment! Secondly, I am now inspired! I know what to do. I know how to do it but I have simply lacked the motivation to get it done. I need to lose 40-50 pounds! You have now given me the inspiration to work my butt off for the next 2.5 months and get it done! Are you just counting calories, limiting carbs or what? I am just curious about your approach! Thank you and continued good luck on your weight loss journey!!
  • tonisteedley
    Options
    That is wonderful !!! I have not had high hopes here in the last few days. But you sure have inspired me!!! Thank you and keep up the good work.
    Can you tell us your approach, maybe with eating and excercise? Thanks again for the inspiration.. We all need to hear from people like you. Especially me " today"...
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thanks I am trying to get back on the weight loss wagon. I hope your story helps me get off my butt.
  • JSprad
    JSprad Posts: 31
    Options
    Amazing! You are such an inspiration!!
  • slapshotgolf
    slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My approach hasn't been too complicated. For food, I've been netting about 2300-2400 calories consumed per day, as per MFP's recommendation. What I do with the calories? Good breakfasts, mostly homemade Whole Wheat English Muffin, egg, low fat cheese slice and lean deli meats. Because of the line of work I'm in lunches are a big variable. But if I'm out on a business lunch I look for chicken or fish plates, often in a stir fry with rice. I cut back significantly on red meats. For dinner I'll enjoy my serving of pasta with tomato sauce (w/ tuna as a favourite), and again chicken or fish. Snacks have been a huge change. I've cut out fruit juices almost completely. If I get tired of water, I'll add in a low cal drink mix ( 5 cals - Nestea). I try not to eat after 9 pm, and if I need a snack, a couple of bowls of Cheerios w/skim milk tops up my iron nutrients nicely. I've also added a multivitamin into my daily routine. For exercise, I'll play sports twice a week now, and try to get to the gym another couple of times a week. Focus has been on fat burning, so I'm on the treadmill for up to an hour, and try to burn between 750 and 1000 cals per workout. If you want to track my routine, send a friend request where you can view my diary. Best of luck on your journey!
  • tracyiqbal
    Options
    Well done. Thats fantastic - keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!