really want to lose weight

Options
BlueyesJ
BlueyesJ Posts: 12 Member
heres the thing i last 2 weeks eating good then i cave and thats it ..how do you stay on track ... i want to lose 30lbs but love sweet any advise ... please

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with salty and sweet snacks. But the eye on the prize keeps me going. 108 down and 25 to go. Add me and I'll cheer you on!!!
  • VenusSparks
    Options
    I love sweets too and lately I've been eating lots of fruits when the sugar craving kicks in (grapes are my new faves), as well as the chocolate rice cakes and chocolate vitality cereal from Aldi. You get the sweet fix but not too much sugar. Also if I want ice cream, I get the sugar free rocky road. :) Substitution really helps me go through it b/c I still get what I want
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm finding tracking my food/calories REALLY helps. I know if I say "I'm NEVER" going to eat this/that/or the other again, I"m just setting myself up for failure. Knowing that no foods are really off limits but that I should plan for them has really transformed my thinking!!

I'm also trying to do this in a slower, more sustainable way - I've lost a total of about 12 pounds in 12 weeks and have a good 20 or so more to go. I'll send you a friend request in case you're looking for some encouragement in your journey!
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Track and measure your food. :) I always work my days so I can have treats that way I avoid the urges to eat all the not so healthy stuff :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Make it as big of a priority as you do any other daily activity. You have to find your biggest reason why you want to change, and remind yourself of it every day.
  • babsmckenna
    babsmckenna Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'd love to be your friend!