Who you admire?

Options
phyllb
phyllb Posts: 735 Member
I find it find it hard to think of someone I truly admire today. Who do you admire?

Replies

• MariamRodriguez12
    Options
    My father for always being there for me no matter what. :)
  • 135hearmeroar
    135hearmeroar Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My mom, she has been through so much and with God watching over her she presses on like a champ, my mom is BOSS!!!:heart:
  • freakhazerd2424
    freakhazerd2424 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I admire you phyllb. From your statuses to answers I can tell the fight in you is strong to keep moving forward. You inspire me and help me keep moving forward
  • phyllb
    Options
    Thanks. Makes it harder for me to quit hearing that . The feeling is mutual. I admire the way you open up to us to help us be honest with our own feelings . This is a real journey this time , it feels like more than just another diet.
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My mother. She was strong, loving, and determined. She was a faithful partner and wife to dad, and a terrific mother.
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Myself on the photo to the left here:bigsmile:
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    Myself on the photo to the left here:bigsmile:

That is a pretty solid mustache you are rocking there....
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My mother, for raising 5 kids pretty much all alone.
  • agousetis
    agousetis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My parents.

My goal in life is to be able to do for my kids what my parents did to raise me and for me.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I admire all kinds of people. I especially admire people in my dance community that have built a successful career and company, that are meaningful artists, and also give back to the community through dance, and pass down to others what is important to them.
  • phyllb
    Options
    Love it
  • phyllb
    Options
    It's stranger no one admires the Nelson mandalas Ghandi or mother Teresa who is a hero in our time?
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head - this is so easy - Fireman, policemen, soldiers, EMTs, people who do mission trips for health, safety, and welfare, some volunteers who go beyond the pale, etc.

If you mean who to admire who is famous or renowned, I will have to think on that and get back with you.
  • gary241069
    Options
    It's stranger no one admires the Nelson mandalas Ghandi or mother Teresa who is a hero in our time?

There's nothing really to admire about Ghandi. He actually failed in his tasks, that's why he starved himself. To encourage his people not to give up and keep fighting the system.
    Yeah, it made him famous, but he never really changed anything
  • gary241069
    Options
    Off the top of my head - this is so easy - Fireman, policemen, soldiers, EMTs, people who do mission trips for health, safety, and welfare, some volunteers who go beyond the pale, etc.

If you mean who to admire who is famous or renowned, I will have to think on that and get back with you.

With you on that one. Especially the EMTs
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    My mommy! She's amazing! She's fit and strong and raised 3 kids and adores her grandkids. She also has a ROCKING sense of humor and I love her to death! She's the one who got me hooked on Tosh.O if that says anything about her type of humor!:laugh: :laugh:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i don't admire anyone right now. my father is not very likeable and my mother, though amazing overall, has done (or not done) somethings that do not make her admirable.

i don't know who else i would admire.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    My wife. Gotta give the person who has put up with me all these years some credit.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    My wife. Gotta give the person who has put up with me all these years some credit.
    ^^^^This
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Her ^^^^^^