Breakfast ideas needed

Options
I am looking for an easy, portable breakfast for me to eat while I'm at work. Currently I am eating trail mix but that is 240 calories.... I would like something that is fewer cals than that. When I am home breakfast is no problem, I can eat or make a smoothie, my problem is only when I work.
Thanks!!!

Replies

• rfalce
    rfalce Posts: 11
    Options
    What about a granola bar? nature's valley makes some good ones. Or a cereal bar? My breakfast is now just a can of diet coke these days!
  • ambrewer07
    Options
    I like the Special K protein bars, the Jimmy Dean D-light breakfast sandwiches, Zone dark chocolate meal bar collection, anything quick and easy is me!, even the Special K protein shakes and you can throw in some raw almonds to switch up the texture.
  • DBritt1
    DBritt1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will usually put cereal in a ziploc bag and premeasure a couple of weeks at a time. This works well if you don't mind eating them without milk. There are also plenty of protein bars (not the ones with 25+ grams of protein) that taste pretty good. Cliff, Luna, Special K, Kashi
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I usually have greek yogurt with polander sugar free jelly with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave at work? You can always make a scrambled egg in a mug, toast an English muffin, add a wedge of Light Laughing Cow, and then you have a little breakfast sandwich. Adds up to about 200 calories and is really filling. Really quick to make in the morning too, if you have 5 minutes to spare before leaving.

ETA: Hard boiled eggs are always a good option too. Sometimes I boil a few and then keep them in the fridge for eating throughout the week. Easy to grab with a piece of cheese.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hard Boiled Eggs!~!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I usually have greek yogurt with polander sugar free jelly with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.

I like yogurt for breakfast too
  • minannan
    minannan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I buy breakfast food and store it at work. Is there a fridge at your work? And a toaster? If not, that makes things a little more difficult, but here's what I usually do... I've been buying these whole grain thin bagels made by Thomas. They are only 110 cals each, and basically look like 1/3 the size of a regular bagel. You can put a tbsp of low fat or fat free cream cheese on top (Philadelphia low fat strawberry cream cheese = YUM), or a tbsp of peanut butter. Whole grain english muffins work well also. Or, you can take some fruit. Or, you could take yogurt and get some granola to put in it. :)
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If you have a toaster at work, you could have Eggo low fat whole wheat waffles (2 of them is 140 calories). This morning I put 1 TBSP of whipped cream cheese and 1 TBSP of reduced sugar strawberry jelly on them. It was yummy! You could also put peanut butter on them.

Other days I take yogurt and fruit to work. Usually an apple or banana.
  • tracyiqbal
    Options
    I like to have: Sainsburys bacon medallions - 18 cals per slice - Grilled ( I have 3 or 4), 2 slices nimble bread (approx 100 cals for both), rocket salad 16 cals and a tomato 12 cals + mustard = Total approx 200 cals depending on amount of bacon. Yummy and as lots bacon fills you up. :flowerforyou:
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Fruit
    Breakfast bar
    Protein bar
    Protein shake (Special K has a good one, EAS is low carb)
    Hard boiled eggs
    Low cal breakfast sammie (Jimmie Dean I think has one)
    Cereal
    Instant oatmeal
    Yogurt
    Peanut butter toast

Breakfast is really important! Just remember high protein and it's OK to have a few calories at breakfast, it's supposed to be the biggest meal of the day.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave at work? You can always make a scrambled egg in a mug, toast an English muffin, add a wedge of Light Laughing Cow, and then you have a little breakfast sandwich. Adds up to about 200 calories and is really filling. Really quick to make in the morning too, if you have 5 minutes to spare before leaving.
    I was going to suggest the egg-in-a-mug, too.Just spray the mug with non-stick spray before you start, and you can eat it in the car on the way to work, or pop it in the microwave when you get to work (1.5 - 2 minutes seems to be plenty.) You can also add anything that you would put in an omelette in there-- a little spinach, tomato, feta, olive, ham, onion, pepper, last night's leftovers--whatever. Oh, and I use Veggie Shreds instead of real cheese to reduce the fat.
  • maude855
    maude855 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Right now I am sitting at my desk eating a 6oz container of greek yogurt (120 cal) with 1/3 c. sliced strawberries (12 cals) and 1/4 cup Kashi go lean crunch cereal sprinkled on top (48 ) for a total of 180 cals.
  • schomie
    Options
    I make each sunday for the work week, 5 tupperware containers of cottage cheese, you can add a few sunflower seeds, blueberries, or dried cranberries. I buy a huge tub at Costco and then divvy it up, much cheaper than the to go packs they sell
    at the groceries. I also have fallen in love with the Chobani greek yogurts (Costco sells 12 packs). Those two items and a piece of fruit can cover my entire day at work and thats about 500 calories.
  • mrscandacehicks
    Options
    Homemade egg mcmuffing. You can buy the microwave egg mcmuffin maker, while you get dress or the night before cook it and just have to put the sandwich together and ou the door. Mak eit with eggs whites and and spinach or tomotoes. with or without whole wheat muffin.
  • danniwhit
    danniwhit Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I bought a plastic re-usable cold drink cup (like you get with cold coffee drinks at starbucks only reusable/hard plastic) and each evening my husband and I make a green smoothie w/ leafy green veggies and fruits. In the morning we blend with a little more water and take it to work with us in our plastic cups.
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I do orowheat whole wheat english muffin w/ morning star farms sausage patty, egg whites or a regular egg (poached or microwaved) and a bit of cheese. This is a really quick meal since the egg and patty can be microwaved. I also drink a shakeology for breakfast sometimes too!
  • ahayter82
    Options
    I make a Egg McMuffin. Aunt Millies Whole wheat muffin, 2 Egg whites, a Slice of FF chesse and its only 157 calories.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I eat grapefruit every morning, and either a hard boiled egg, yogurt, or toasted Englisk muffin with it. I take my breakfast to work as well.