Seeking ATKINS lifestyle motivators!

Options
Hi! Looking for other people that are also doing Atkins, (I started Induction on Jan 3rd) to motivate and share daily meals! Add me as a friend if you wish! :happy:

Replies

• melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I don't do Atkins currently [I have in the past] but I am a low carber and sugar free. It's good to meet another one!
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Induction today. I can't wait to have the energy back. Atkins is the only diet I have found that gives me endless energy and keeps me satiated for long periods of time. Cheers to all you fellow Atkins dieters! Let's set some goals. I want to lose 40 pounds by June!
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I got my energy last night. I woke up at 6am - usually the time I'm falling asleep! It feels amazing!
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nice! I can't wait til i get my energy again, hate feeling sluggish, when I start eating good and walking/working out, I always wonder why I don't do this all the time, I feel great...but the carbs and sugars get the best of me and I'm back to feeling blah! Not this year, thats my goal, not to feel blah and to feel better about myself in my clothes!
  • ammoore96
    Options
    Current and past Atkins LOVER!!! It is the only thing that works for me. Hitting it hard again since 1/1:) Would Love another friend to help each other along!
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear there are others on here, I love this site, just needed to find friends that are on the same page as me!

We can do this!
  • vanessalatimore
    Options
    I am completely with you! I am on Atkins and so far have lost 20lbs in two months. My goal is to lost 35-40 more by June 2nd...my 40th Birthday!! I need all the support and want to BE support! We CAN DO THISSS!! I've been on WW (many times) in the past. It worked once, but I've struggled with it over the years. I've never felt more confident about my weight loss and mindset since I've been doing Atkins! I truly love it :)
  • Pragmatica
    Options
    Anyone doing low carb can add me for help and motivation! I have lost 135+ pounds with low carb and have made it part of my every day lifestyle. I have tons of articles and information if you are looking for anything specific or need help with issues!
  • tartbubby07
    tartbubby07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also doing low carb and I welcome anyone to add me as a friend. I have lost 77 lbs so far. I have also been looking for other people doing low carb to help with my motivation. I love the way I feel doing low carb I think its the best way of life. Have a wonderful day everyone.
  • nelsonwd
    Options
    Glad you started this topic. I've been looking for fellow low-carbers. Atkins is the only thing that works for me. I've adopted it as an eating lifestyle change. Occassionally I fall off (over the holidays this time) the wagon and get right back on. Restarted my induction phase yesterday. Can't wait to rid my body of all the bad things so I can start feeling great again.

I'm also looking for motivation & support so feel free to add me too.

Dona
  • curvykent
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I've got 3 weeks on induction as of today. I'm feeling good, I've been exercising daily, and the meals are getting easier to cook. I hope you all are sticking to it as well, it does get easier. :bigsmile: :wink: :bigsmile:
  • nelsonwd
    Options
    I'm on day 3 -- so far it's going good. I modified my eating -- trying to stick around 20g of carbs. Now for the exercise....not so good. I usually need to get past my first two weeks to work in the exercising. Tonight we made Honeysuckle White Turkey burgers -- I was amazed at how good it was. Will put this on my regular food menu. I don't know why I never tried it before.

Curykent - you are doing great! Keep up the good work. Its amazing when you start getting your energy back. I'm looking forward to week 3 & 4. That's when I start feeling better - easier to resist temptations. I'm a real carb-a-holic -- so after a month or so, I don't even crave those bad sugar carbs. :happy:
  • lilmommy
    Options
    I have an aunt and uncle who went on Atkins about six years ago and lost a ton of weight. I think from what I read about Atkins I could do it!
  • nelsonwd
    Options
    The hardest part is the first 2 - 3 weeks. Then it does get easier. If you want variety and some different recipe ideas, look at George Stella's low carb cookbooks (Stella Style and some others).

Dona
  • curvykent
    Options
    I'm on day 3 -- so far it's going good. I modified my eating -- trying to stick around 20g of carbs. Now for the exercise....not so good. I usually need to get past my first two weeks to work in the exercising. Tonight we made Honeysuckle White Turkey burgers -- I was amazed at how good it was. Will put this on my regular food menu. I don't know why I never tried it before.

Curykent - you are doing great! Keep up the good work. Its amazing when you start getting your energy back. I'm looking forward to week 3 & 4. That's when I start feeling better - easier to resist temptations. I'm a real carb-a-holic -- so after a month or so, I don't even crave those bad sugar carbs. :happy:

The great thing about Atkins is that you don't have to work out to lose weight. Obviously exercise is important and has huge benefits so I'm not saying that you shouldn't work out but you can certainly be gentle on yourself. You may find around week 3 and 4 that you have an abundance of energy and need to work it out. That's been my experience.

So, I have hit a plateau with my WL already. It halted after week 2, and this Wednesday is week 4. However, I have been exercising much more than before so it's quite possible I am gaining muscle. My body is looking different. I notice I am losing inches, as my husband said "your body is tightening up". I just got back from shopping for clothes for an interview I have and it's defnitely noticeable. XL is way too big and L is loose. So, I'm very pleased. I can't wait to be shopping for size M or S. I'm down from a 16 to 10 or 12. That also feels awesome! My goal is a size 6 by June.

What are some of your goals?
  • nelsonwd
    Options
    [/quote]

The great thing about Atkins is that you don't have to work out to lose weight. Obviously exercise is important and has huge benefits so I'm not saying that you shouldn't work out but you can certainly be gentle on yourself. You may find around week 3 and 4 that you have an abundance of energy and need to work it out. That's been my experience.

So, I have hit a plateau with my WL already. It halted after week 2, and this Wednesday is week 4. However, I have been exercising much more than before so it's quite possible I am gaining muscle. My body is looking different. I notice I am losing inches, as my husband said "your body is tightening up". I just got back from shopping for clothes for an interview I have and it's defnitely noticeable. XL is way too big and L is loose. So, I'm very pleased. I can't wait to be shopping for size M or S. I'm down from a 16 to 10 or 12. That also feels awesome! My goal is a size 6 by June.

What are some of your goals?
    [/quote]

Thanks for your insight. I normally don't exercise too much for the first month. I believe you are right - after a month or so you start getting an abundance of energy. Low carb seems to be the only way I can lose weight and feel great.

Sorry to hear you've hit a plateau - normally if you stick with it, drink more water - you can bust your way through eventually. You must be toning your body if you are dropping sizes. What a wonderful feeling --- I'm really happy for you. Be proud of your progress - even if the scale doesn't change. Those aren't the only changes we are trying to make. Losing inches is great!!

Last year when I changed my eating to low carb, it took me 4 weeks before I lost any weight. That was four weeks of no cheating, no deviation from the plan. That was a tough time, but once I broke through I started to make steady progress. I just need to find that dedication again.

My goals:

1. I'd like to start exercising consistently (this is the part that gets me) and tone up my body.
    2. Lose 25 more lbs by June. I know 25 lbs doesn't sound like a lot, but last year I lost 25 lbs and have managed to keep it off. This 25 is proving to be a little harder to lose.
    3. Permanently change my eating habits. I feel so much better when I am a dedicated 'low carb' eater.
    4. More important: I want feel good in my own skin, I want my clothes to look good and I want to feel fabulous again.
    5. If I had to pick a size....I'd say I'd like to be a size 10.

Now here's a few obstacles to those goals:

1. I'm hypothyroid, so I have a difficult time losing weight - NOT impossible, but it's tough.

2. I've had a knee replacement over a year ago and am limited to the types of exercise I can do. I want to focus on the positive...I can do resistance, I can ride the exercise bike and eliptical. So I can exercise--I just seem to make a lot of excuses.

3. My husband is NOT a low carb eater. He's supportive, but sometimes undermines my progress--probably not on purpose. But those moments I have a weak moment - he's not there saying 'are you suppose to eat that?'

Okay so enough of that...How are you doing this week? I jumped off for Super Bowl Weekend...I just couldn't get the "I'm celebrating" attitude in check this weekend. So I figured I needed it and now I'm back on the wagon again.

Hope you are having a great day.

Dona
  • catycee1
    catycee1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I wil be starting Atkins this weekend. I have not done this brefore a guy in my fitness class begged me to ty it for @ least a month so I will get foods together. I have be eating like biggest loser ppl but no huge weight loss over last 3 months abut 5lbs since I started exercising I can feel my clothes getting looser
  • DahnaLane
    DahnaLane Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am glad I just found this thread.
    I too am on Atkins for my eating lifestyle....(no diet here) :)

And I hope to add you all.
    It is great to peek at other low carbers for food ideas & support.

Cheers!
    Dahna
  • egoplast
    egoplast Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Low Carbers - I could use more LC friends for help and support.
  • RosiG
    RosiG Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hello all :) am starting Atkins on Sunday and would love some LC friends :D