Way to go!!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress!!!!
  • billymacintosh
    billymacintosh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Re-started Atkin's for real. Strict induction (>20 carbs/day), reduced caffeine, no alcohol, moderate exercise.

Have had plenty of energy, haven't been hungry except before meals and am down 9.5 pounds.

I know this works. Why do I pretend otherwise? ... Well beside pasta? Still there will be time for that later, when I get closer to my goal. :)

Well done on the loss! ???? I've done Atkins a couple of times and found it worked really well. Could never keep it up for long though!
    Billy
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss of water weight! I hope it continues to work for you. :):flowerforyou:
  • pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm on a ketogenic diet, and I absolutely love it. Don't be discouraged, just stick with it if it works for you!
  • British56
    British56 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hope it continues to work for you. People have to make their own choice of how they lose weight and accept the consequences as their can be pros and cons for all diets. I am in the medical field and have to be honest would never do Atkins but good luck.
  • British56
    British56 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is in reply to Billieljaime. When you keep cutting your calories down your body can actually go into starvation mode and it becomes a dangerous game. Our bodies require a certain amount of calories and balance, instead of cutting out nutrition increase your exercise far more healthy!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I have been on a low carb diet but cannot give up my 2 cups of coffee a day. Who the heck would with 2 tablespoons of whipping cream lol. I have been watching my calories for years and this is the 1st time I have actually seen the scale move down. Great job!!!!

Thanks. I agree. Coffee wasn't a problem for me, but diet coke was. I also learned recently to watch when you drink diet drinks. You body isn't sophisticated enough to distinguish between real sugars and artificial ones. When it senses sweetness, your insulin spikes. If you have it when you are eating, there shouldn't be a problem. However, if you have a diet drink without food, your appetite will increase. I can post the research on this as well, if anyone wants it.

Congrats on the weight loss. I'm not a coffee drinker either. I like diet coke. I don't agree with the insulin spike though. I have type 2 diabetes and diet coke doesn't do anything with my blood sugar with or without food. My brother lost a lot of weight doing Atkins
  • carriecoo
    carriecoo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new to MFP and the one thing that stands out loud and clear are peoples opinions. Everyone is very passionate about what is wrong or right. I read a lot but don't post much because of how quick the negativity begins. I did Nutrisystem because I needed to lose about 35 lbs. It worked, I am eating on my own now and am maintaining my weight with the help of MFP. We need to do what works for us not everyone else. Great start and continued success to you :)
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Oh well, I shouldn't be surprised, I know that there are still people that argue that eggs are evil, a low-salt diet is healthy, or that a tool developed based upon evidence gathered from the post-1848 starving of France (BMI) has a legitimate bearing upon body health today.

Low salt diets are healthy, especially for those with HPB or kidney issues. Anyone who doesn't believe that one is just clueless.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Oh well, I shouldn't be surprised, I know that there are still people that argue that eggs are evil, a low-salt diet is healthy, or that a tool developed based upon evidence gathered from the post-1848 starving of France (BMI) has a legitimate bearing upon body health today.

Low salt diets are healthy, especially for those with HPB or kidney issues. Anyone who doesn't believe that one is just clueless.

Not for me. I've got low blood pressure, and have to add salt.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    OP

Why would you want to lose anything that isn't actual body fat?

You should be aiming to lose 1-2lb a week, otherwise it's all water, muscle, organs, food in gut, glycogen in muscles, bone density etc.

Be prepared to put 7lb back on when you go back to carbs and maintenance.

It's so silly to want to rush this and screw yourself up.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    A high salt diet is not healthy. So I try to watch the salt intake.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Re-started Atkin's for real. Strict induction (>20 carbs/day), reduced caffeine, no alcohol, moderate exercise.

Have had plenty of energy, haven't been hungry except before meals and am down 9.5 pounds.

I know this works. Why do I pretend otherwise? ... Well beside pasta? Still there will be time for that later, when I get closer to my goal. :)

Atkins with veggies (but veggies are carbs) would interest me. Otherwise I would get super constipated.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!