Off sick and all I can think of is food!

Options
Hi All
Was rather unwell this morning and so couldn't get into work - would have been sent home.
Anyway....feeling thankfully much much better I've been working at the computer but can't stop thinking about food!
How do you stop this!!?
I've always been a dieter and gone up and down within a range of about 60lbs and am currently at the bottom of that range - which is good - but finding the low amount of calories put on me challenging.

What do you do to distract yourself?
Tomorrow I'll be back at work and completely distracted but on days off I'm useless!! Weekends obviously included in this.

I was going to the gym today but dont want to risk it due to not being 100% but will try the Wii but hope to get back to the gym tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.
Amanda

Replies

• CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Are you hungry? If so, then eat. Don't deprive yourself, just make sure that whatever you have is healthy and within your calories.

Also, going for a walk will take your mind off food and burn some calories :-)

Glad you are feeling better.
  • lanissamichelle
    Options
    miss tom...i too find it super hard to stay out of the kitchen when i am at home all day...i am an lpn student so when school is in session i am constantly being bombarded with info about nutrition, excercise, etc....but all that info goes out the window when i am in my own home and surrounded by all the yummy goodies i buy for the kiddos....i have found that music helps a lot...i will put on my favorite tunes as loud as the neighbors will allow and before i know it i am up moving ...usually cleaning house lol ..hope this helps and good luck!!!
  • ErinCanRun
    ErinCanRun Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Go shopping, watch a movie, scrapbook and CHEW GUM! Drink lots and lots of water too!
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Weekends (and days off) are hard!

Maybe just a walk instead of the gym. Of course, I don't know how your winter weather is going.

If you're hungry, eat. Just make really, really good choices. Carrots, cucumbers, celery are all satisfyingly crunchy and very low in calories. Even if you really want something "bad", eat a serving of veggies and drink at least a glass of water first, then indulge. You won't eat as much as you might normally. If you start feeling too deprived, you'll make choices you'll regret later.

Good luck!
  • erinjoy002
    erinjoy002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was sick last week. and all I let myself eat was soup. Tortilla, Chicken Noodle, Beef Stew. That way i filled up and was satisfied. Try to lay down and nap to get some extra rest to fight off the sickness(plus you won't think about food while you are sleeping). plus don't forget you need to drink plenty of liquids!
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.
    I appreciate the replies.
  • kiuney
    kiuney Posts: 68
    Options
    Drink hot tea (preferably herbal so you don't ramp yourself up on caffeine). I always keep quite a few herbal teas on hand to drink when I get into that hungry/binge-y mood.