Any good books?

Options
MrsFoster18
MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
I am looking to start a reading list for this year and would love some great book ideas! Soooo...what is everyone reading?!

Replies

• BlueEyedTwin333
    Options
    Try 90 minutes in heaven or Marley and Me. Both really good books :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    something borrowed
    something blue
    love the one your with
    baby proof
    These are all by emily griffin.

If you like chelsea handler, her books are a great read. I was laughing out loud all the way through them.
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown :o)
  • bandnerd129
    Options
    My favorite author (at the moment at least is) Janet Evanovich. She wrote the "Stephanie Plum" novels. They are HILARIOUS!! Funny, mysterious, throw in a hot guy or two, and you definitely got a hit. The Stephanie Plum novels are numbered, and there 15 of them right now. You should definitely check them out. The first one is entitiled "One for the Money"
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A Thousand Splendid Sunsets. By the same Author as The Kite Runner. My favourite book, very sad though.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    something borrowed
    something blue
    love the one your with
    baby proof
    These are all by emily griffin.

If you like chelsea handler, her books are a great read. I was laughing out loud all the way through them.

I LOVE these books!!
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A Thousand Splendid Sunsets. By the same Author as The Kite Runner. My favourite book, very sad though.

Looooove these books!
  • melindapipkin
    Options
    anything by jodi piccoult is good, baby proof by emily griffin is excellent
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Jennifer Weiner's 'Good in bed' is fantastic!!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    If you like mystery, I recommend the Kenzie/Gennaro detective series by Dennis Lehane, the Myron Bolitar series by Harlan Coben, or The Innocent also by Harlan Coben. If you like romance, let me know I can send you the longest list imaginable, lol. If you like Sci-fi, I highly recommend The Host by Stephenie Meyer (whoever wrote the Twilight books), but this book was nothing like the Twilight Series and about 100 times better!!! I couldn't put it down!
  • Mayjenn
    Options
    Janet Evanovich 1-16 of the Stephanie Plum Books are great. There are between the number books, but they aren't as good.

Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward

The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead

The Body Movers Series by Stephanie Bond

Southern Vampire Series by Charlane Harris (True Blood)

House of Night Series by P.C. Cast

Loved all of these! I'm sure there will be more I think of later
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I just finished a book called "Love you, Mean It"--About 4 widows from 9/11 who meet and start "The Widows Club". It's a memoir, very powerful. It was the 2nd time Ive read it and I just love it!

If you are going for something funny, then anything by Jen Lancaster. She's friggen hilarious!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    If you sign up to www.lovereading.com you can browse by author or type.

If you like an author it suggests similar Authors and books
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved "The Black Dagger Brotherhood" and was psyched when John Matthew's book came out. Looking forward to the next one!!
    Janet Evanovich 1-16 of the Stephanie Plum Books are great. There are between the number books, but they aren't as good.

Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward

The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead

The Body Movers Series by Stephanie Bond

Southern Vampire Series by Charlane Harris (True Blood)

House of Night Series by P.C. Cast

Loved all of these! I'm sure there will be more I think of later
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am a high school librarian, so I mostly read young adult fiction. Some of my favorite authors are Ellen Hopkins (novels in verse), Laura Halse Anderson, and Jodi Picoult. I did recently read "Rockabye: From Wild to Child" by Rebecca Wolff. It is a very good memoir. I am currently reading "Burned" by Ellen Hopkins and "Time of the Witches" by Anna Myers. I know, I know...reading 2 books at once, crazy! I just love reading!
  • girlface68
    girlface68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Here are a few to try...
    The Sherlockian
    Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series
    Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series, (I don't care for True Blood )
    I just found Christopher Moore and started reading some of his books. The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove for example
    J.A. Jance is a great writer she has a series in my home state of Washington and a series in my adopted state of Arizona.

Happy Reading!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My favorite author (at the moment at least is) Janet Evanovich. She wrote the "Stephanie Plum" novels. They are HILARIOUS!! Funny, mysterious, throw in a hot guy or two, and you definitely got a hit. The Stephanie Plum novels are numbered, and there 15 of them right now. You should definitely check them out. The first one is entitiled "One for the Money"

I just read the first three in record time. Gotta get the rest. Love them!

I also enjoyed the Outlander series by Diane Gabaldon. World War II nurse accidentally travels back in time to 1740's Scotland and falls in love with a young Scot. The books have humor, lust, heartbreak, war, and a lot more lust. They made my inner monologue voice speak with a Scottish burr, though.

The Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris that the True Blood tv show is based on. I like the books better. There's a certain sweetness and innocence that's missing from the series. At least as sweet an innocent as hot sex with supernatural beings can be.

I'm currently reading Terry Pratchet's Discworld books. There's about a billion of them. If you like Monty Python-esque humor, these are fantastic!
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions! I am so excited!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Just finished "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. GREAT read! The video is also on youtube!
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Oh, all the books by Sophie Kinsella are really good, especially The Undomestic Goddess, Twenties Girl and Remember Me... oh and all of the shopaholic series are a MUST. Very funny Chick-Lit.