30 pounds in 100 days #change #gottowin

Options
Hi everyone! I have been "a bit" to a "a lot" overweight for most of my life. I am determined to change this around - and if I don't do it now - its only going to get harder as I get older.

I am determined to lose 30 pounds in 100 days so I can finally put an end to feeling like "I will always be overweight!" OR I will never be fit and healthy. I was reading some of the forums and people have done some amazing work! I am inspired.

If someone wants to join in, help or provide encouragement please do!! Tips are welcome too!

I'll be trying to post everyday!

Love and light to all,
G

Replies

• GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hi gvika, yeah - I'm in
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey! That sounds like a good goal for my size as well. About 2 lbs a week for 14 weeks, I think I can do it. I'm in!
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I must be a bit dyslexic, I read this as 100 lbs and 30 days and was like...holy cow! :noway:
  • GymAnJuice
    Options
    tarcotti - you in? :smile:
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Just something to bear in mind:

Hitting thirty pounds in 100 days is doable for some and overly ambitious for others. How difficult it will be depends to some degree on how heavy you are right now. If you are only thirty pounds above goal it will be much more difficult than if, after losing 30 pounds, you will still be very overweight.

Think of it as losing a percentage of your body weight. 150 to 120 is 20% of your body weight. 300 to 270 is 10% of your body weight. Clearly, losing 10% is easier on you than losing 20%.

Best wishes to you!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    This is a great plan, I got off to a flying start and know the tough times are ahead but together we will get there.
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options

I guess so, I only have 3 lbs left to go to reach 30! Haha

Although losing 30 more I doubt I will even try to do in 30 days. Just because the closer you get to your goal, the slower you try to lose, ex. 2 lbs/ week in the beginning vs. the end of the goal: .5 lbs/week.
  • poetgirl115
    poetgirl115 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • gvika
    gvika Posts: 4
    Options
    great to see you all posting! Excited !!
  • ileen327
    ileen327 Posts: 21
    Options
    Doable but not smart! If you lose more than 1.5 pounds a week you are losing muscle and not fat!
  • GymAnJuice
    Options

I guess so, I only have 3 lbs left to go to reach 30! Haha

yeay :)
  • GymAnJuice
    Options
    morning! i'm excited too lol

everyone remember to weigh in this morning so we get an accurate weight loss come this time next week :wink:

looking forward to this :drinker:
  • mizzmash
    mizzmash Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to this but it sounds great and I'd love to be part of the challenge. Definitely need some motivation. Good luck ladies xxx
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    it is a good goal if you are very overweight, but... it is a little ambitious for most people. hopefully you plan to do it the healthy way, by eating food. just a little less than you burn.

in my experience i have been more successful when i set my goals around fitness rather than weight. that scale makes us slaves....

and overly ambitious goals can set one up for a feeling of failure.

a very overweight person will see a few weeks of more than 1-2 pounds but then it will taper to 1-1.5 most weeks until the end when it will be even less.

someone without much weight to lose may not even get the dramatic increase in the first few weeks.

it took me 4 1/2 months to hit my 30 pound mark.... and i was vigilant. at the gym 5 days a week and almost never going over my allotment of food.

not that i am saying nobody here can do it. i am sure some can. but be healthy, and if you dont... understand its because you may not be likely to, not because you are a failure. . slow and steady weight loss is the best for your body :)
  • MIZZBeltran0314
    Options
    Ok. I'm in... :D. But I would really appreciate it if anyone has any recepies because that is always my issue with losing weight idk what to eat... I just had my baby 6 weeks ago and I'm more than ready to shred this baby weight...
  • haleema93
    haleema93 Posts: 70
    Options
    this has motivated to set myself a goal, i'm hoping to lose 30lbs in 5 months, starting the 1st August (waiting for ramadhan and eid to be over with)
  • GymAnJuice
    Options
    Ok. I'm in... :D. But I would really appreciate it if anyone has any recepies because that is always my issue with losing weight idk what to eat... I just had my baby 6 weeks ago and I'm more than ready to shred this baby weight...

I have, I'll post some later....
  • fejiofor
    fejiofor Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    please join the group burn 3500 calories per week.
  • Lisa_Michellex
    Lisa_Michellex Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a goal id like to achieve! I am in!
  • relocatedcowboy12
    Options
    I like this goal, I am in.