Starting over, need support!

Options
Hello all!

I have been on MFP for a long time now.. Too long of a time really.. Years and years. :/ And while I have achieved temporary success over and over.. I also then spiraled backwards again and again and wound up back at square one. So now I am back at it again for what is probably at least the 5th or 6th time. But this time I've decided to approach it a little differently, as a lifestyle change and not a diet, and am going to be blogging my progress/ideas/inspirations/failures/recipes/random thoughts in hopes that this would keep me motivated and accountable and that I can receive some feedback! If you want to check it out, my blog is here- I've just stared it today and thus have only one post, but I PROMISE more are coming!

http://www.losing-weight-living-life.blogspot.com

Please feel free to follow me along my journey and keep me motivated, and maybe you'll find some inspiration yourself!

XOXO

Replies

• newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I am the EXACT same way. Health assessment for work made me realize again just how far I'd backslid. And now I'm here and I'm going to try my hardest to NOT take it away from myself again!
  • Cappa124
    Cappa124 Posts: 131
    Options
    I know! Starting over is the worst :( but it's better than giving up!!
  • LaurBro62
    LaurBro62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's very hard.....extremely hard. I have also been on MFP for a while and have been up and down with my weight and diet. I don't know if I have any real advice, I just want you to know that you are not alone. The exercise part of losing weight and getting fit is easier for me than the "diet" part. I have struggled with my weight for eleven years now. I lost 75 pounds and have kept it off for ten years, but the past year or so has been a real struggle. I have been up and down on the scale but deep down inside know that I won't allow myself to regain all that weight again. If you are exercising, just keep with it, even if you screw up on eating. It's a day by day event and it does take a while to create a habit. For me, exercise is a habit but there are days that I "eat away" any calories I burn, but I stick with it. Everyone has struggles and bad days or even weeks, but the fact that you are aware of that makes me feel like it has sunk in somewhat. Keep up the fight.
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Been there!! Actually I am there! Just started logging on here again a few days ago. I had weight information on here from 2011....when I was 40lbs lighter!! Ugh!

I deleted all of my old information to give myself a fresh start. That's helped a little bit. :)
  • Cappa124
    Options
    Thanks for the support!
    This time WILL be different..!
  • tremenza
    tremenza Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would love to be added as a friend - definitely need the support!
    I have just reactived my flikr account from 2 years ago when I first joined mfp and can't believe I did so well....180lbs down to 151lbs my original target was 140lbs. Have just taken photos today and they are disgusting. Weighed in and back up to 179lbs :( so disappointed and ashamed of myself. So much time Ive wasted being unhappy and piling back on the pounds.
    Im setting myself a xmas challenge to get down to 140lbs - my photos from 2 years ago did inspire me that it is possible to do again....my problem is just starting Day 1 but today is definitely goibg to be that day!
    Good luck everyone :)
  • Cappa124
    Options
    I would love to add you - friend request sent! :)

And I HATE pictures too, ughhh!!!
  • kipper5
    kipper5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I totally get the weight roller coaster thing! I am also just starting over- feel free to add me as a friend. You can do it!!!
  • Trusten83
    Trusten83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Feel free to add me. I just started back a few weeks ago, so I know how it is.
  • ZoobieMama
    Options
    I'm a new comer, and so far I've been successful, I lost 5 pounds in my first week! But I know I have a lot to learn about how to 'loose smart', not just 'loose fast'. I too need support and motivators ... and quite frankly, help on how to use all the tools on this site effectively. I need exercise advise for the strength training, how to get my food alphabetical, a kick in the pants some days to get out and do the walking ... I'd love to come along and learn from some of you who have been using MFP, may I please join you?
  • Cappa124
    Options
    Friend requests all around! lol :laugh:
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to shed old bad habits. The determination has to overpower food and drink. You're right eliminate the word diet from your vocabulary. Too most people it's a scary, very intimidating word.

All weight loss is- is calories in versus calories out. It doesn't mean you have to give up your favorite foods, just eat a lot less of them. No trickery, no fuss, just eat less move more.

Be honest and faithful about entering your calories each day on MFP. That's how we learn what we are putting in our mouths before it ever hits our lips.

You can do this, just keep going.
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again too. Would love some friends :)
    I'm Aussie so it's winter here and lots of yummy hot filling foods about.
    A bit about me: I'm 35, mother of a little boy. I struggle with binge eating, bipolar disorder and medications that make you feel hungry.
  • Cappa124
    Options
    Added! :) The more the merrier!
  • KristaHuyer
    Options
    Just keep going guys, one day at a time. I have slip ups all the time, but keep your eye on the prize and it will happen. It takes time and patience, but when you look back in your year you'll be surprised at how much stronger, healthier and better you feel!

I know you guys all have your workouts lined up for you and waht you want to do. but i had HUGE success with the 21day fix. All my friends and family that did it too lost anywhere from 5-15 pounds depending what weight you are starting at. Its a super awesome program to help with the nutrition, helps with portion control, what to eat etc. its not a crazy diet or anything, jsut helps you proportion how many carbs to eat, veggies etc. and its only for 21 days! Definitely my FAVOURITE workout program I've ever done!
  • Cappa124
    Options
    I've never heard of that - definitely worth looking into though!! Could be the kick start I need. That must be based on the principle that it takes 21 days to form a new habit???
  • redhothlava
    Options
    OMG! I could have written your post. I have started over a million times and I know weigh more than I have ever weighed - even in my 9th month of pregnancy. I am so frustrated. I made a list of why I am going to lose weight this time - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/redhothlava - and am hoping that will keep me motivated. I will be following you!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I started over again back in May.... So I can definitely relate. Good luck to you! I hope the blog works out for you, I can never seem to keep one going for a long time.
  • Cappa124
    Options
    Thanks!! I checked out your post - training for a half marathon is a great goal! and I love your mantra - if you can't kill or or grow it, you can't eat it! Haha so true!
  • Cappa124
    Options
    I've never tried blogging before- I hope it will keep me on track. Minimally it is something to do when I am bored instead of eating! :)