former obese women/.!!! question question

Options
Did you ever have a spare tire on the top off your butt?? If so did it go away with weight loss??? How does it look now??? At what lbs down did you see improvement?

Replies

• tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm on my own.. Sigh
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I never had one there. All my fat was my stomach and thighs. Once the fat is gone you may end up with some extra skin, but every day things are much easier without the extra weight. I'll take loose skin over fat any time!
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    after a 200 lb weight loss I had to get my extra skin removed. Insurance covered a tummy tuck but I opted for a lower bod lift so Insurance paid 6k and I kicked in the other 7k
  • TutuMom41
    Options
    I never had one there. All my fat was my stomach and thighs. Once the fat is gone you may end up with some extra skin, but every day things are much easier without the extra weight. I'll take loose skin over fat any time!

Agreed I still have loose skin on my arms and legs. Insurance does not cover that. but I would rather take my kids to Disney while they are still young. Maybe some day though :D
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    No butt tyre - but I did have 3 sets of love handles running up my back (delightful!)

Lost them now & no excess skin (so far)

Adding - I did also have a bit of a 2nd butt. My bum ended but had kind of a 2nd bum line underneath it (not a clue if that's common or makes me odd. I never brought the topic up with anyone). That's pretty much gone too.
  • usmcmp
    Options

Agreed I still have loose skin on my arms and legs. Insurance does not cover that. but I would rather take my kids to Disney while they are still young. Maybe some day though :D

I'm very lucky my loose skin hangs below my underwear line. I can keep it tucked into my bikini bottoms pretty easy. Maybe one day I'll go for having it removed, but it's financially not in the cards (and my insurance doesn't cover it).
  • TutuMom41
    Options

I'm very lucky my loose skin hangs below my underwear line. I can keep it tucked into my bikini bottoms pretty easy. Maybe one day I'll go for having it removed, but it's financially not in the cards (and my insurance doesn't cover it).

No insurance companies cover plastics unless you can prove its medically necessary. I was running long distances an it was killing my back. (they removed 25 lbs of extra skin) I had an orthopedist back me up and then insurance paid. Dermatologists also document rashes and skin breaking down. If you can prove necessity insurance will cover it. It was clearly stated in my insurance policy that they did not cover plastic surgery
  • usmcmp
    Options

No insurance companies cover plastics unless you can prove its medically necessary. I was running long distances an it was killing my back. (they removed 25 lbs of extra skin) I had an orthopedist back me up and then insurance paid. Dermatologists also document rashes and skin breaking down. If you can prove necessity insurance will cover it. It was clearly stated in my insurance policy that they did not cover plastic surgery

I had to pay for my breast cancer screening out of pocket despite a family history and finding a lump. It is good to know that there are ways to get the skin removal covered and maybe that will be useful to others who read this.

Thank you for sharing!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    OP...Most of my butt was on my upper hips...so I think I know what you mean by that spare tire.

After having lost 80lbs most of it is gone but I am hoping that through some resistance training and my walking that I can reshape it a little bit more.

I don't recall how much weight that I lost when I started noticing that it was getting smaller...maybe 45 or 50lbs. I think it mainly depends on how you are built. I call it the high butt syndrome! LOL

I can tell you this much...it is way smaller than it used to be.

I don't know if the walking (between 3 to 5 miles daily) helped or not but in my mind...it did.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

I have some lower abdominal hernias that I hope to get repaired after I have reached my goal and kept it off for a while. I am hoping that insurance will cover the loose stomach skin at that point. Some of my excess will have been because of the skin stretched across those hernias...especially the largest one. I have heard that insurance will cover it in that type of situation. I am hoping...
  • tashatashae
    Options
    Thank you Annie!
  • TutuMom41
    Options

I had to pay for my breast cancer screening out of pocket despite a family history and finding a lump. It is good to know that there are ways to get the skin removal covered and maybe that will be useful to others who read this.

Thank you for sharing!

My insurance company denied me this the excuse they made was that my family history did not go back enough generations! Its crazy they covered my skin removal but would not cover this!!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if you're talking about fat deposit then yeah i had it :laugh: i called it my butt shelf since it was like a shelf that sat pretty much on top of my butt :laugh:

yes it went away. honestly it as weird because i will check fat rolls while im in the shower (ok i'm weird :embarassed: ) and one day there it was and then what seemed like a week later it was gone.

just keep up with your weight loss, eat at a deficit, do your strength training and you'll get vanishing fat deposits too
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I sure did! I had a HUUUUGE butt. It was wide and it out there lol. Like a shelf butt.

As i lost the weight i started losing the excess butt and now its kind of curvy ( i get referred to as thick but not quite sure if that is a compliment or not yet lol) and its perking up now from my workouts.

My pants were a size 20 tight and now i am a size 8....so yeah it will go down.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i have a butt shelf. so far its not going anywhere lol
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess that you are calling your spare butt what I referred to as my 'love handles' :grumble: but there was a severe lack of loving anything about them.

I started out at weighing around 248 lbs and was very bottom heavy. Truthfully every lb, every inch lost made a difference......it just seemed to take forever and patience is your biggest friend.

I spent ALOT of time using walking as my preferred exercise and that really helped with shrinkage and firming up.

Make sure to that if you can afford it treat yourself to new underwear as you go....there is nothing more uplifting (literally and morale wise) than correctly fitting underwear that doesn't cut into you and create bulges.

Goodluck
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes :smile:

I would say that from starting at 244, I saw improvement at around 180 lbs, so after 64 pounds loss. That's a guess and only because I know what I wore to a party in December and my butt looked really good and that is what I weighed then.
  • tashatashae
    Options
    Thank I'll guess we will see what happens
  • TutuMom41
    Options
    Thank I'll guess we will see what happens

Good luck! You can do this :D