Swimming with Fitbit Flex?

Options
Does anyone swim while wearing the Fitbit Flex? If so, have you had any problems with it after?

Replies

• cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It is listed as water resistant, not waterproof. Though they say to go ahead and shower with it they don't recommend swimming with it.

It wont track swimming correctly anyway.
  • Froggymcconnell
    Froggymcconnell Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    DOES track swimming correctly and does work afterwards - I use mine weekly swimming and it sill works.

as long as you are not underwater in deep ocean then its fine :smile:
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I haven't swam with mine but I do usually shower with it on and haven't had any issues.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    bump to see the responses later
  • LilyMammoth
    LilyMammoth Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've swam with mine a few times and shower every day with it and have had no problems.
  • dawnmj1121
    dawnmj1121 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I go in the pool with mine on a the weekend and so far no issue. I am mindful of how much time I spend in the pool and I don't typically spend a great deal of time underwater. I have had it for a few months now and haven't had a problem.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

From https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/918535-about-the-fitbit-flex
    While it is water resistant and can be submerged up to 10 meters, Flex is not designed to track swimming activities. If you want to better reflect your swimming activity and calories burned, we recommend logging the activity on the Activities page of your dashboard.
  • KIMBELKOWSKI
    KIMBELKOWSKI Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • parkparksarah
    Options
    Never tried mine though
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Mine held up with hours in the pool, daily, for weeks, but it tracks nothing in there.
  • BigC1874
    BigC1874 Posts: 3
    Options
    You want to get in a pool with SWIMTAG of you really want to track your swimming.

Miles better than any of the apps that are out there at the moment and free at most pools that have it!

www.swimtag.net
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Didn't actually know it was water resistant, I always take mine off to shower lol. But then, I don't walk in the shower so its fine lol
  • seedhousel
    seedhousel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine broke!