The evil and dreaded Lord Thigh-burn!

BioShocked89
BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
The irritated skin. The burning sensation. The urge to keep your legs wide open. When these terrible symptoms clash together, they combine to form will of the dreaded Thigh-Burn! If you carry some weight on your thighs, or maybe just if you've walked too much- you may have experienced or be prone to experiencing thigh burn.

Nich [nstuartm12 on MFP] has told me horror stories of when he was a very heavyset paper boy of thigh burn. The weekend was his only relief from the 2 hour/5 mile walk. He would get thigh-burn to the point his legs would bleed.

Since starting this diet/fitness plan, I've only experienced it once so far despite walking pretty much every day.

What kind of pants can you wear while exercising to prevent thigh-burn? What's the quickest way to relieve thigh burn without stopping yourself from working out?

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Using an elliptical makes your legs a little spread out, so the thighs aren't rubbing against each other. Other than that, huge band-aids, or wrap, and tight pants.

Swimming. As you lose weight it will go away. :D
  • I wear spandex-type bicycle shorts under my normal work out pants. Believe me, it works! I've walked three half marathons in them with no thigh burn at the end!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    +1 on the cycling shorts, works wonders. As for relief I always used some baby powder, helps make them slide better, lol.
This discussion has been closed.