Hungry!!help!

Options
2»

Replies

• tanyoshka
    tanyoshka Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry, or are you bored?

My first suggestion would be to up your goal to 1500 or 1600 calories. I know you say you eat that already, but if you planned on eating that much everyday, it may take your mind of of how much you're having to restrict yourself. If you were, in fact, only eating 1200 per day, then genuine hunger would suggest your body needs more calories.

My 2nd suggestion is to get up and do stuff. Cleaning, take a walk, go outside or to the mall, anything to keep your mind occupied. From my own experience, the days when all I can think about is "food, food, food, food, what can I eat, when can I eat, can I eat now????" is when I'm sitting at my desk with nothing to do or at home in the same situation. When I force myself to think about it, I not actually hungry, I'm just pre-occupied and obsessed with FOOD!

Hope that helps.
  • WildcatDeLalune
    WildcatDeLalune Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    High protein, fiber, and slower eating works for me. For some reason, fruit leaves me hungry, so I like to get my calories from heartier foods. I also try my best to accurately log all my food to the letter. I'm quite manic about it, actually. Haha. Also, just try experimenting with a lower caloric deficit so you can eat more calories and still lose weight.

As far as exercising goes, I like to do cardio--either on the elliptical or walking around outdoors. This allows me to eat more calories if I'd like since I am burning them, anyway. And it's just good to get some fresh air and away from the easy availability of snacks--in case it is boredom eating.
  • operation_model
    Options
    Also i need to add that before I have started exercising and dieting I was always hungry too.
    Like i was in fridge constant.

I finish food and I am still hungry. No matter what, after only 1 of having meal my stomach makes noises like I never ate before...
    I had chocolate before thinking it may stop.. but nothing..

I also have cravings.. multiple... like i finish sweet i want salty after salty i want buttery then sweet again ;/
    I feel like pregnant woman..

I am not pregnant- for sure!

Actually the noises your stomach makes after eating isn't hunger... its your digestive system.
    Do you drink enough water? I find having a lot of teas and drinking 1L of water at a time really keeps me full. Granted, you pee a lot.
    Also, try to preplan your meals a head of time. Make sure there is a reasonable amount of fats, protein and carbs in each meal to keep you full and satisfied for longer. Stay away from foods that spike your blood sugar like fruit, white bread, chocolate, etc.
    Learn which foods have lots of nutrients and keep you full longer (e.g. avocados, sweet potatoes) and eat those. Also, don't worry if you cant always meet your calorie goals. You look like you are in fantastic shape already and your calorie goal seems a little extreme for how much you would like to lose.
    Try doing workouts in the morning before breakfast and work so that you have your workout complete, can have a filling breakfast, and go to work all while keeping your calorie goals in reason.
  • Aniqana
    Aniqana Posts: 95
    Options
    Thank you everyone.

I am still learning!its all confusing!
    yes, i do drink a lot of water and about 5-6 mugs of green tea a day.
  • sensitivefool
    sensitivefool Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Eat steak.
  • Aniqana
    Options
    I di had one actually, going to add more food and will see.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Obviously, 1200 is too small a calorie goal for you! Up your calories to 1500 or eat your exercise calories back!
    Eat healthy fats, whole grains and protein as well as your veggies and fruits!
    Don't forget to drink your water!

oh gosh this for sure. also choose more filling foods with protein and fiber content. add vegies to everything. plan to eat six small meals a day so you don't go too long without eating. up your exercises so you can have more food per day. try oatmeal for a "snack" or small meal. preplan your snacks ahead of time with the goal of making you satisfied. Be completely honest with your diary at all times. Get creative when it comes to meal and snack planning. lettuce and vegies help to bulk up your meals with quantity and quality at the same time. Add them in. IF you feel hungry then its your body saying feed me real foods. Eat whole non processed foods. Check out them labels and ingredients on what you are eating.
  • MzSmythe
    MzSmythe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on the implant for? The hormones could be stimulating your appetite. There is a thread about the depo shot on here (which uses the same hormone as the implant) and there are lots of ladies reporting the same issue. I had depo for 12 months, and my appetite went through the roof. I was always in the fridge too!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/944208-when-will-i-finally-lose-the-weight-after-depo-provera?hl=depo
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Yes I do exercise.
    I do bit of cardio and weight lifting i tried to add that MFP but when I type ''plank'' or weight it doesn't find the exercise not even abdominal crunch- so I just gave up.

I just dont understand the whole thing and sometimes getting frustrated ;) for example made a salad but then had few spoons- how do I know how much I have eaten of that salad, it keep asking of each ingredient nad should I guess? i tried to guess but then people say use scale... but with those salad should I strip the salad weight for example tomatoes, avocado etc. and add how much i actually ate? sound aweful so I usually guess and end up picking and eating more after anyway :(

My height 5.11811024 feet (5 feet 127⁄64 inch), I seat in office all day. Not much move- in front of computer.

sweety, you are stressing for no reason. Just pre measure each ingredient individually before making/eating. Watch what you put in the salad like dressings and avocado. They are good for you but add in extra calories. So its a balancing act so to speak. Check out places like youtube for what a 1200-1500 calorie day looks like, type that in. There are some good suggestions on there to get you started and give you ideas. Look that up on the net too. Its a lot of trial and error to see what works for us individually. Don't guess. USe them measuring cups/spoons and the scale. A scale is best for construcing a salad. Just keep zeroing it out as you put a new ingredient in. Once you do this a few dozen times you will know about how much to use. Its just hard when you first start out. GO for the most wholesome food you can choose. WHat is on the sandwiches you eat? is it whole wheat flout bread? are you adding in extra calories by not portioning out your fillings and dressings? Like I said earlier be honest with that diary. It will help you to find what days worked for you and what didn't. Use the food notes to make little notes to yourself about your day's choices. I find this helps me a lot.
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If I did my metric to imperial conversion correctly, I have your height at about 5'6" A healthy weight for that height is 120-133. Perhaps you should reconsider your goal weight and definitely increase your daily intake.

Best of luck to you!
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    well I dont have pms i think I an on implant.

Ok, I know everyone is different, but when I had my implant... it made me hungry ALL the time.... . in my personal experience, I HAD to get it removed and I felt a lot more normal afterwards and didn't crave sugary things so much and felt full a lot easier...

needed to put that out there, because that little bugger traumatised me
    Also I lost all my weight before I had it put in. then I literally stopped losing weight and actually gained back 10lbs...
  • Aniqana
    Options
    you really got me thinking with that implant!

I am on Nonplanon for 3 years, had it done last year December.
    I had proper steak, sweet potato and salad with feta and watermelon(check my diary) - had in 30min ago- now I feel dizzy, sick and hungry! I would snack on smg! :(
  • hmroebuck
    hmroebuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    1. 156cm = 5'1.4" so 103.6lbs is not an unrealistic goal.

2. If you are more concerned with toning, it sounds like you are doing the correct kind of exercising

3. You are not eating at much of a deficit, so you shouldn't be that hungry..,or dizzy

4. Hormones have a huge effect on hunger

and last, but most important

5. You need to see a doctor