Hi! Newbie looking for some feedback

Options
Hi, everyone, this is my second day using fitness pal and it seems quite good and like the way you can keep track of everything, just wanted to know how everyone else has been getting on with it and if its working or not for you??

Thanks

Replies

• LauraMcGanity
    Options
    It's too early for me to say - I only joined a few days ago - but the success stories keep me going. One day it's going to be me posting in that thread.:smile:
  • annette6926
    annette6926 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hopefully me too Laura! My boyfriend has also started it so hopefully we can keep each other going and i will defo be reading the success stories to keep me motivated!
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I joined 15 days ago and have 90% been sticking to it and have been killing myself at the gym 3 times a week and have lost 5lbs! So I'd definitely say it works as long as you're prepared for change. I'm having to teach myself how to eat properly and not use this site as a "get to my goal" site, as I know once I stop it'll just come back on again!

There are some amazing success stories on here which are fantastic if you ever feel low or like giving up too!

Good luck =) xxxx
  • dhutt2011
    dhutt2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is my second week and I love it and it is working for me. It's definitely a lifestyle change that I can handle. My goal is a pound a week and that is so exciting to me. I think you are going to really enjoy this site and everyone is so supportive in the MFP community.
  • jessebelle
    Options
    Just started today. Hello everyone
  • rustyroof
    Options
    21lbs lost, so yep working for me : )
  • zbstngrl
    zbstngrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Counting calories was the part I always dreaded the most about food. I eat healthy but overeat. Thank goodness for this site and Iphone app! It makes calorie counting much much easier and convenient. I was able to keep up for over a month so far. I log my calories before I even eat my meal. Sometimes I plan/enter ahead so that when its time to eat I make sure it matches what I entered and it helps me to stay in control :)

Glad you like this site so far I personally think its great!
  • Eng8791
    Options
    So far, so good! I just completed my week 1 weigh in and lost 5 pounds! This site/app is perfect for me as I'm a visual person and really like "seeing" my numbers each day. I also love the barcode scan feature on the mobile app- I use it on everything!

Good luck and stick with it!

3697799.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    I hear you Irns88. I have lost weight with LA weight loss and then put it back on. Then I lost it all with Weight Watchers and put it back on. I know this is because I don't do any kind of maintenance. I have to make this the last time I need to lose weight. I'm 41 and all this gaining weight puts a tol on my body.
  • annette6926
    Options
    Yea will defo be reading them and also getting some exercise in there too to help burn off some of the calories etc, i have some cardio dvds that i will be doing a few times a week and also have a joggers trampoline too all to help me lose the weight
  • annette6926
    Options
    21lbs lost, so yep working for me : )

Well done!!
  • ktndj82104
    Options
    Hi! Yes this site can work for you if you are motivated and stick to it. This site helped me lose 40 lbs. I still have 15 to go to my goal. It can be a pain in the butt sometimes to log everything but I promise it is worth it.
  • annette6926
    Options
    Looks like you are all doing really well!! There hope for me then! Staying focussed and motivated will be the hard part!
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I hear you Irns88. I have lost weight with LA weight loss and then put it back on. Then I lost it all with Weight Watchers and put it back on. I know this is because I don't do any kind of maintenance. I have to make this the last time I need to lose weight. I'm 41 and all this gaining weight puts a tol on my body.

Definitely! Lost over 14lbs with Slimming World but I didn't change my life style so as soon as I came off it everything (and more) came back on!! Delightful really! So I'm trying to learn what's best for me and this site is fab with the protein/carb breakdown and trying to change bad habits of a lifetime!! xxx
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    I'm sure this place will help you out a lot!
  • annette6926
    Options
    Hopefully!