Current Healthy Food Addiction

Options

Replies

• beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    My thing is currently strawberries with just a little sugar sprinkled on them. I know equal is bad but I sprinkle a little equal on them and they are so good!
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is 100% healthy but:

1088_PackShot.png

(Okay, you can stop drooling.)

Nutrition info:

https://www.kashi.com/our-foods/snack-bars/kashi-chewy-granola-bars-chocolate-almond-sea-salt-with-chia

I'm actually eating one right now. >.>

1 bar is all I need and I don't snack for the entire day.
  • shannishan05
    shannishan05 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn with an olive oil drizzle and a dash of salt.:smile:

This sounds delicious! Will be trying it!!!
  • shannishan05
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is 100% healthy but:

1088_PackShot.png

(Okay, you can stop drooling.)

Nutrition info:

https://www.kashi.com/our-foods/snack-bars/kashi-chewy-granola-bars-chocolate-almond-sea-salt-with-chia

I'm actually eating one right now. >.>

1 bar is all I need and I don't snack for the entire day.

Wow!!! These must be magic bars!!! No snacking all day! Interest peaked!!!
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    watermelon sprinkled with reduced-fat feta cheese. Mmmmmmm!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I like Strawberries with whipped cream , skinny cow ice cream or Tzatziki sauce with red pepper, and Fiber one Lemon bar 90 calories.
  • PeanutButterByTheSpoon
    Options
    Carrots! And Peanut Butter!
  • oksanatkachuk
    oksanatkachuk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Fruits... So guilty
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sugar snap peas
  • Janette3x4
    Janette3x4 Posts: 135
    Options
    Sabra supremely spicy hummus!
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Oooh there are some awesome ideas in this thread....love the idea of watermelon and feta, must give that a try.

Currently, in my part of the World it's Winter so we have been thoroughly enjoying some baked fruit particularly Apples and Pears.

I usually marinate them in a mix of orange zest, and juice, with vanilla bean, rum and any other essence that takes my fancy. If we are feeling like added sweetness I'll add in a dash of organic maple syrup or a dollop of honey. Bake for about an hour topped off with a generous dusting of cinnamon, ginger and mixed spice. Instead of ice cream or cream we use Greek Yoghurt which I have flavoured with orange zest (can you tell we are into oranges :smooched: ), vanilla bean paste and probably rum essence.
  • tbrown1974
    tbrown1974 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like Strawberries with whipped cream , skinny cow ice cream or Tzatziki sauce with red pepper, and Fiber one Lemon bar 90 calories.

Love the FiberOne Lemon bar. Have you tried the chocolate? I have it but haven't tried it yet.
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Since it is still summer, I'm eating fresh fruit a lot. Sweet ripe pineapples, honeydew melons, watermelon, strawberries, berries of all kinds.

I do frozen "ice creams" and sorbets in a mini food processor, but any blender works just fine. I whip up frozen banana chunks with a little water to blend and it makes a yummy soft serve. You can add peanut butter or unsweetened cocoa powder to it. Yum.

The sorbets I make are with frozen berries and or melons. Frozen strawberries need to be slightly softened out of the freezer, microwave for a few seconds. When microwaving, be careful to not go to long. Because strawberries thaw completely very quickly because their water content is so high.

I whip up either chunks of melon straight from the freezer with a little water to blend. I might add berries to the melon too. Or just berries whipped up. It is so refreshing to eat low fat, no added sweetener "ice cream".
  • marricurt
    marricurt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am loving making up a mini cheese plate... 1 apple, cored and cut into wedges, 25gr of shaved sharp tasty low fat cheese, rice crackers and a small handful of dry roasted mixed nuts. I feel very indulgent and as if I am treating myself but it's really good for you and fits within all my macros. Great snack... And it goes really well with a glass of wine in the evening!
  • shannishan05
    Options
    Sabra supremely spicy hummus!

Love this! For some reason, I have a hard time finding the supremely flavor. Where do you get yours?
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Peaches!

I also really really love Special K chips. With salsa or little pieces of cheese.

Carrots and salsa.

Light cream cheese on bread or a bun, sprinkled with vegetable seasoning and cayenne pepper.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Pizza!

I usually eat at least 1 or 2 large pepperoni pizzas per week. It tastes good and fits my calorie/macro targets.

Pizza has been a staple for me in maintaining my ideal weight for my sport of choice (long distance running). When I first joined MFP I also ate pizza to lose weight and achieved my goal very quickly.
  • Yana220
    Yana220 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Peaches and nectarines. I suppose it's because it's summer, but I just can't get enough!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    I ve been munching on a fruit salad of blueberries strawberries and watermelon
  • lazieats
    lazieats Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm into a couple tablespoons of hummus with a cup of sliced mushrooms to dip into it. It's a slower snack since you have to dip each piece and, for me, very filling.