Bingo Wings

Options
Hey everyone! (^.^)/

Does anyone have any good tips on getting rid of 'bingo wings'? I'm wayyyyy too young to have them and the only low intensity workout that I know is supposed to get rid of them are kickbacks I think (not even sure this is what they're called, hah) but I use a 6 pound weight to do this?

Any tips or pointers????

Replies

• nlcs_nickyv32
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce body fat. That is a myth from who knows where. The best way to loose body fat and get leaner looking arms is to workout out and just keep at it. My advice is stick to compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, bench. Those are some exercises that work your whole body and when you whole body is involved with an lift. Your body burns far more calories than if do do curls, extensions, etc.

Add some cardio at the end of each workout session. And lift HEAVY! Lifting heavy helps get rid of body fat when combined with cardio. Make sure you can perform each exercise with correct form. If you can't keep proper form while doing an exercise it means there is too much weight and you must drop weight. There are several good programs to help, like the strong lift 5x5, I hear the 5/3/1 is a good one too.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    dips and pushups are great too. any thing that gets those triceps involved. Work on toning up the bicep area too. I have been putting focus on these for my "wings" and slowly but surely they are looking better. Edit:the above poste is correct that you cant spot reduce However you CAN create some camoflage so to speak with toning up the surrounding muscles along with your cardio. LIfing heavy is recommended to a point. You have to work yourself up to it.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You need to lose fat and build muscle. Sometimes it's genetics not age that determines if you get them or not. If you don't lose fat you'll still have a layer of fat on top of the muscle.
  • parkparksarah
    Options
    Bingo Wings?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Pushups, dips, rows, pullups (assisted pullups.) Heavier weights will help. 6 lbs won't do much.
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bingo Wings?

lol. yes.