clothes for short people

Options
debrag12
debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
After saying I wouldn't wear tights/leggings until I was much smaller I have finally started to wear them and not care ;). I am only 5ft 1in so 3/4 length just don't fit, I have 2 pairs that almost look like full length ones on me lol

So people where can I get petite sports wear, preferably UK based or online?
Are there any other trousers a shorty like me can wear?

Replies

• ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I shop at Ann Taylor and Gap/Banana Republic online for petite clothes. They have a decent selection. So does L.L Bean, which is a little sportier but idk if they ship to the UK. Don't laugh- but I often buy Gap kids for stuff like tights and sweatpants.

eta: check ebay too- it takes some patience to sort through it all but they often have great deals on specialty sizes
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I often shop in places like sports direct and primark for sports wear. I feel your pain, being 5'3" myself and not much of that being my legs, all my trousers are way too long for me and I struggle to find stuff that fits. sports wear I usually go for capri/cropped trousers or full on leggings. the "usa pro" line that sports direct sells seems to fit me properly.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and buy Old Navy petites online. They're US, though—and online-only. A lot of stores here only sell petite sizes on their website (including J. Crew), but you can return online purchases in the store.
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Agree try the girls dept the biggest size 14-16 or 18-20 is about a petite womens small and i buy boys tshirts lots cheaper too.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Agree try the girls dept the biggest size 14-16 or 18-20 is about a petite womens small and i buy boys tshirts lots cheaper too.

We go up in age rather than size for kids here in England, even if we did I wouldn't fit into a 'petite womens small' anyways lol

Old Navy is looking good, will checkout online shops also
  • Caroleoconner
    Options
    Athleta,which is a sports clothing division of Gap, offers
    Petites.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and buy Old Navy petites online. They're US, though—and online-only. A lot of stores here only sell petite sizes on their website (including J. Crew), but you can return online purchases in the store.
    I recently discovered Lands End petites, which can be returned to any Sears. And Ann Taylor petites (on clearance, their jeans cost less than Old Navy!).