Hi there, new to myfitnesspal

Hi, my name Kristin and I've just started using this app to help in my weight loss. I live in Oregon and am a single mom who is about to become an empty nester. Looking to start the next chapter of my life but need to do it in a healthier way.

Replies

• dustsettles
    dustsettles Posts: 27 Member
    Hi Kristin! Welcome to MFP! I'm Laura, living in California. Feel free to add me as a friend! What are your fitness goals?
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    You came to the right place. If you make the decision to make this a lifestyle change you're going to do great. There are tons of groups of all ages. What ever your age or interest. Support and advise. Good luck. Congratulations on your next step in this crazy life. Don't be sad they'll always need you. Sometimes more than you'd like. :laugh:
  • pumpkinmochi
    pumpkinmochi Posts: 4 Member
    Aloha, Kristin! Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • Hi Kristin!
    I am also new to MFP. I became an empty nester two years ago. I had a hard time. I began my own adventure when I dropped my daughter off at college and then I headed from the east cost to the west coast to start a new chapter. I cried a lot but now I am enjoying this adventure except I want to be thin and healthy! I also began my weight loss journey today.

Feel free to friend request me.
    Jennifer
  • poptart280896
    poptart280896 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you all for the great support! Happily building my list of friends here and very excited to really get going. Still getting used to tracking my meals and becoming increasingly aware of the choices I make and why. First goal is 20 lbs by Christmas ~