looking for more active MFP friends!

Options
missbethea
missbethea Posts: 280 Member
I have a lot of great MFP friends on here already. I'm just looking for more that are active and interactive! It always makes me feel better to see things liked or commented on and making online friends is fun.

I'm 5'4.5 and currently weigh at 209. (At the end of high school I weighed around 250. A few years ago I went from 230 to 195 but gained most of it back in the last few years.) I started back at it about a month ago- starting out at 216lbs. My weight loss goal is set to 1.5lbs per week. Short term my goal is to get to under 200lbs. My mid-term goal is to get down to 175. And long term I would love to be 140-150lbs. But I'm doing it one step at a time so that I don't lose steam!

I'm trying to make this more about being healthy than numbers on a scale. I'm on track to become a nurse and have decided if I am going to be a health care professional, I should be healthy. I currently work as a CNA doing home health and am going to start attending school full time in the fall. I'm going to need the extra boost and motivation as I am working full time, going to school full time, and trying to maintain my fitness. I've been trying to make better food choices (but some days it is hard)- however, I feel like I'm doing fairly well and am really excited and positive about the future!

In my off time I'm a bit of a nerd. I play WoW (when I have time and money), do tabletop gaming (D&D, etc.). I love to read and to write. I'm a huge Frank Sinatra fan. And I am mildly (or very) obsessed with Theodore Roosevelt. I'm on MFP all the time, almost as much as I am on facebook these days.

Please feel free to send me a friend request! I also have & use a fitbit so if you'd like to be fitbit friends that would be awesome as well! My fitbit URL is https://www.fitbit.com/user/2SL7HT

Replies

• Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You can do this.
    Good luck to you.
  • paintpastelprincess86
    paintpastelprincess86 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hi there, we are similiar in weight, height and our goals for our weight. I also work in the healthcare industry too. I hate to workout, have a big sweet tooth, but I try my best. good luck! I also just got a fitbit! Sending a request!
  • catbarber
    catbarber Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Julie.. 2 yrs ago I weighed 197lbs , . I am now 136lbs , I decided 2 weeks ago to set a new goal as I am still overweight beginning only 5ft .now I want to lose 10lbs I once felt the the same, but I did it.. My journey had many ups and downs, but the one thing I realized it was who was me who was affecting my weight loss.. It was my confidence .. So one morning I decided to set a goal and that was to start running, I asked following members for their support and I amazed how many responded , I run now 4 times a week and with out the support of them I would never of done this.. So active support is a key to weight loss journey .. I know you can do this and will support you all the way.. Have confidence in yourself..
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You can do this.
    Good luck to you.

Thank you!!!

hi there, we are similiar in weight, height and our goals for our weight. I also work in the healthcare industry too. I hate to workout, have a big sweet tooth, but I try my best. good luck! I also just got a fitbit! Sending a request!
    Thanks for the request! I definitely added you.

Hi my name is Julie.. 2 yrs ago I weighed 197lbs , . I am now 136lbs , I decided 2 weeks ago to set a new goal as I am still overweight beginning only 5ft .now I want to lose 10lbs I once felt the the same, but I did it.. My journey had many ups and downs, but the one thing I realized it was who was me who was affecting my weight loss.. It was my confidence .. So one morning I decided to set a goal and that was to start running, I asked following members for their support and I amazed how many responded , I run now 4 times a week and with out the support of them I would never of done this.. So active support is a key to weight loss journey .. I know you can do this and will support you all the way.. Have confidence in yourself..
    I am constantly amazed at how supportive and key this community is to so many people and their goals! I've always wanted to learn to run. I started C25k but I am in such terrible shape. I've decided to put it on the back burner for now and try it again after I'm under 200lbs. I feel like after two months of exercise and diet I might have better stamina and staying power to finish that program.
  • Bazzaware
    Bazzaware Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have been using this app for a few weeks now and have used it every day. It is great to find people on here to share the ups and downs with and help each other to reach our goals.

You have made great progress so far and you are an inspiration to others.

Bazza