Too Hungry at Lunch

Options
KanCrav
KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
OK I need some help!~!~!

I don't work, so other than walking my dog a few times a day, I am usually at home. I work out in the morning around 8oclock. I usually have two eggs and sometimes some kind of meat for breakfast, for the most part about an hour before I work out is when I eat.

The problem is that I am pretty full til noon. Then I am hungry enough to eat lunch. My lunches are a good size, a large salad with some kind of protein, or a sandwich with some extra veggies on the side. But about an hour after lunch I am starving again~!... I tend to keep snacking untIl dinner. I choose mostly veggies to snack on so my calories are still ok, but why am I so hungry? Should I be eating more or possibly something different than I am??

Replies

• MarcoRod
    MarcoRod Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I also get very hungry when eating just salads. Why not try a hearty soup like lentils or beans? Stay away from creams and bisques, though.

I find that a big bowl of soup with lots of vegetables really fills me up! This is easy enough to make yourself so stay away from the canned stuff. They're not as healthy and have way too much sodium.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I would suggest adding more lean protein with your salad or in the middle of the day adding a protein shake to tide you over. Go to GNC for the protein shake to find one that is healthy.
  • kdemello
    Options
    I would suggest adding an extra serving of protein or fiber to your lunch or split up your big lunch into 2 smaller meal, so you can eat "lunch" and then a few hours later "second lunch" w/o the calories adding up.

I also like to drink a while bottle of water with my meals. It helps fill me up quicker so, I don't keep eating. Also try adding some kind of shake with skim milk. Milk always fills me up. I like the Carnation Instant Breakfast shakes for a quick snack that will fill me up.
  • jordan_vakil
    Options
    Maybe add some fiber to your lunch. Or eat a big lunch with some carbs, and eat a smaller dinner.

I miss you. :(
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    Yogurt makes a huge difference for me. You'll need to experiment. Protein and fat in the right, healthy combos should help.