What can record calories burned while swimming?

I have the fitbit one and have to take it off when I am in the pool -- that is roughly 1- 3 hours a day of not wearing it :/ I am feeling lost and would like to have something monitor my swim time. It is usually just for fun with the kids but I would love to know what I am burning while in there.

What is a waterproof option for the summer?

Replies

• fincgray
    fincgray Posts: 1 Member
    the Fitbit Flex is suitable for water and has great battery life www.fitbit.com
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Wonder if I could use both somehow -- I am not a bracelet wearer on a daily basis so the One is perfect -- tucks away discretely but some days it would be nice to wear the flex
  • linsdog
    linsdog Posts: 94 Member
    Plenty of Garmin and other type watches out there that can record swimming.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    The Flex would record something but it'd think you're walking around on dry land. It has no way to detect resistance and water is resistance.

I would just manually log the time as 'walking in water' or 'water aerobics' or 'swimming'. It's all just estimates, even a waterproof heart rate monitor.
  • sidleake
    sidleake Posts: 14 Member
    I use the Garmin 310XT. Great for running, swimming and cycling. Designed for triathletes.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Flex is useless for the pool. I have to manually log the time spent in there. It doesn't even log steps taken in the pool.
  • BigC1874
    BigC1874 Posts: 3
    If you have a pool near you that has SWIMTAG installed, it's great for tracking your swimming progress.